6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 4:13 AM by VC RSS

List

user12957777
      How to hide a list entry from particular user ?

I mean to say conditional display of list items

Sanjay
        • 1. Re: List
          What version of Apex are you using? Don't you have "Conditions" region in your list entry edit page?
          • 2. Re: List
            VC
            Always include the following information when asking a question:
            <ul>
            <li>Full APEX version</li>
            <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS</li>
            <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)</li>
            <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used</li>
            <li>Theme</li>
            <li>Template(s)</li>
            <li>Region/item type(s)</li>
            </ul>

Please consult the APEX documentation before posting a new question.
            user12957777 wrote:
            How to hide a list entry from particular user ?

I mean to say conditional display of list items
            You should use an Authorization Scheme to restrict the components from a particular user/user group..

See Creating an Authorization Scheme

and Attaching an Authorization Scheme to an Application, Page, or Components
            • 3. Re: List
              user12957777
              Apex version 4.2. "conditions" region can be used to hide the complete list, whereas, i want to hide a list item entry from the user.

Sanjay
              • 4. Re: List
                user12957777
                I already have set the authorization scheme. The user cannot view the page. But what i want to hide the link (From list item / entry) through which user access the page.

I actually want to hide that the page naming xxx exists.

Sanjay
                • 5. Re: List
                  What type of list is that - static or dynamic? If a static list, then you can use "conditions" for a specific list entry: Shared Components -> Navigation -> Lists. Select your list and then open the specific list entry.
                  • 6. Re: List
                    VC
                    user12957777 wrote:
                    I already have set the authorization scheme. The user cannot view the page. But what i want to hide the link (From list item / entry) through which user access the page.

I actually want to hide that the page naming xxx exists.

Sanjay
                    Edit the List Entry you want to restrict and scroll to Authorization section > select the appropriate Authorization Scheme from the list