This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 6:44 AM by 979654 RSS

Java project

979654 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm a first year comp sci student and I got this coursework which is supposed to be easy but I don't have any idea how to do it. Please help (:
The task is to make something like an online pizza menu. The client should enter the type of toppings he wants, or if he wants a vegeterian pizza or whatever, and the other thing is that he should get a receipt in the end as well. If someone could share their opinion how to do this, I'd be very grateful.
  • 1. Re: Java project
    rp0428 Guru
    >
    I'm a first year comp sci student and I got this coursework which is supposed to be easy but I don't have any idea how to do it. Please help (:
    The task is to make something like an online pizza menu. The client should enter the type of toppings he wants, or if he wants a vegeterian pizza or whatever, and the other thing is that he should get a receipt in the end as well. If someone could share their opinion how to do this, I'd be very grateful.
    >
    The person you should ask for help with this is your instructor. They can provide you guidance with how to find the resources you need for your project and can explain it more thoroughly to you if there is something about it you don't understand.
  • 2. Re: Java project
    gimbal2 Guru
    976651 wrote:
    The task is to make something like an online pizza menu.
    Online? As in a web application?
  • 3. Re: Java project
    954568 Newbie
    You need see some online application, how it works. Document the process, plan your steps and decide which technology you want to use and why ? as this kind of application can be done in several technologies, gather requirements in detail and go ahead.
  • 4. Re: Java project
    979654 Newbie
    No, we just started java on eclipse, it's supposed to be a java project without interface or anything like that, just java code
  • 5. Re: Java project
    Kayaman Guru
    976651 wrote:
    No, we just started java on eclipse, it's supposed to be a java project without interface or anything like that, just java code
    Well, the way things work on the forums is:
    1. You work on the program hard
    2. When you get stuck, you ask for help
    3. We give you pointers (not ready code)
    4. If project not finished: Goto #1

So when you have some code to show, post back (and remember to use the
     tags for proper formatting).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
  • 6. Re: Java project
    gimbal2 Guru
    976651 wrote:
    You may be making the classic mistake of wanting to jump into code directly. Try to first write down what the application should be doing, functionally. Then try to implement that functionality step by step. And make them small steps. The key is that at all times during the development you understand what is going on. Don't be afraid to read and re-read chapters of whatever book you are using.
  • 7. Re: Java project
    979654 Newbie
    Thanks, sorry about that, I'm new to the oracle forums.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points