This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 10:38 AM by jstem1177 RSS

EM12c - MSSQL Plugin repository mismatch - agent blocked

jstem1177 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello All,

I'm trying to deploy a simple MSSQL 2005 & 2005 standalone insltance to the EM12c.
I've deployed the Microsoft SQl Server plugin 12.1.0.2 on the Management Server as well as to the the Management agent on my host.

Yeah I've gotten the following errors whihc suggests that its not been deployed on the agent?

Thanks for advice.

Jan S.
Metric     Agent blocked status
Metric Group     OMS communication status
Target     svr-sql05-01.office.local:3872(Agent)Target Information
Incident Created     Dec 12, 2012 12:44:49 PM EST
Last Updated     Dec 12, 2012 12:44:49 PM EST
Summary     Agent is blocked. Blocked reason is: Plugin mismatches between agent and repository. Check plugin:[ The plug-in is oracle.sysman.oh Version in pla inventory : 12.1.0.2.0 Version on agent : null Content type : AGENT Error code : TARGETS_BEING_MONITORED Error Msg : Targets are being actively monitored by this plug-in and hence upgrade/downgrade/delete is not possible, The plug-in is oracle.sysman.oh Version in pla inventory : 12.1.0.2.0 Version on agent : null Content type : AGENT Error code : NOT_FOUND_IN_INPUT Error Msg : This plug-in is present in the inventory for the given agent but has not been provided in the input]
Internal Event Name     OMS_COMM_STATUS:blocked_status
Event Type     Metric Alert
Category     Unclassified
  • 1. Re: EM12c - MSSQL Plugin repository mismatch - agent blocked
    AdeeshFulay Explorer
    Looks like there might be some issue with the agent. You need to unblock the agent for the plug-in to work. Also, can you try this against a different agent?
  • 2. Re: EM12c - MSSQL Plugin repository mismatch - agent blocked
    venkata thiruveedhi Guru
    Hi,

Provide the outputs of following commands:

<OMS_HOME>/bin>emcli list_plugins_on_server

<AGENT_HOME>/bin> ./emctl listplugins agent

Regards,
    Venkat
  • 3. Re: EM12c - MSSQL Plugin repository mismatch - agent blocked
    jstem1177 Explorer
    Hello ,

Here is the confirmatiopn tha the MSSQL plugin is installed on the agent and server:
    C:\oracle\product\agent12c\core\12.1.0.2.0\bin>emctl listplugins agent
    Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2
    Copyright (c) 1996, 2012 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    oracle.em.smss      12.1.0.2.0 C:\oracle\product\agent12c\plugins\oracle.em.smss
    .agent.plugin_12.1.0.2.0
    [oracle@srv-db-dev03 emcli]$ ./emcli list_plugins_on_server
    OMS name is EMGC_OMS1
    Plug-in Name                                                                                        Version [revision]

Oracle Database                                                                                     12.1.0.2.0[20120804]
    Oracle Exadata                                                                                      12.1.0.3.0
    Oracle Fusion Middleware                                                                            12.1.0.3.0
    Oracle MOS (My Oracle Support)                                                                      12.1.0.2.0
    Oracle Virtualization                                                                               12.1.0.3.0
    Microsoft SQLServer Database                                                                        12.1.0.2.0
    Oracle Chargeback and Capacity Planning                                                             12.1.0.3.0
    Oracle Cloud Application                                                                            12.1.0.4.0
    Oracle Fusion Applications                                                                          12.1.0.3.0
    Thanks for your assistance.

Jan S.
  • 4. Re: EM12c - MSSQL Plugin repository mismatch - agent blocked
    venkata thiruveedhi Guru
    Hi Jan,

Seems the plugins on agent side were not properly deployed.
    I request you to log a Service Request, we can further troubleshoot checking the pluginca logs where it went wrong and which tables were not updated correctly.

Provide the SR#

Thanks,
    Venkat
  • 5. Re: EM12c - MSSQL Plugin repository mismatch - agent blocked
    jstem1177 Explorer
    Hello,

I've updated an SR I had opened with this issue and the workaround does not work either. (All my tests are on 64bits windows 2008R2). The agent gets blocked if I try to resync the agent. The I have no clue as to how to unlbock it except to deletethe the target.
     SR 3-6438484081 : Cloud 12c - Error when testing connectioon on MSSQL target Deployment 
    Known bug - at least for 2008, but it applies to 2005 as well.
    you may be running into this new bug:
    Bug 14680497 - "TEST CONNECTION" FAILS WITH [_WINAUTHDLLTOLOADDYNAMICPROP;DB CREDENTIALS ARE FO

The workaround is:

Ignore the "Test Connection" error. 
    Click on OK to Add the Microsoft SQL Server target. 
    This will give a "Metric Collection Error" status. 
    Target Not Configured - Dynamic Category property error, Get dynamic property 
    error. 
    Once added, click on the Microsoft SQL Server drop-down menu > Target Setup > 
    Monitoring Configuration 

The Monitoring Configuration screen matches the previous version "Add 
    Microsoft SQL Server" screen. 
    Jan S.

Edited by: jstem1177 on Dec 13, 2012 1:38 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points