This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 4:44 PM by GlenH RSS

Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails

926756 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Guys,

I am trying to add a target (E Business 11i) using OEM 12c.I get the following error while adding the target.

oracle.apps.ebs.amp.oms.discovery.context.ContextRetrieveException: EBSTargetDiscoverer11i :: retrieveContextFiles - Failed to retrieve context files
Caused By: oracle.apps.ebs.amp.oms.discovery.context.ContextRetrieveException: No APPL_TOP Contexts and DB Contexts exist.
oracle.apps.fnd.oam.em.util.job.CommandException
Caused By: oracle.apps.fnd.oam.em.sdk.targetData.discovery.AppsDiscoveryException: Error while attempting to discover EBS on : DEV( rac_database ) using schema: apps
Caused By: oracle.apps.ebs.amp.oms.discovery.context.ContextRetrieveException: EBSTargetDiscoverer11i :: retrieveContextFiles - Failed to retrieve context files
Caused By: oracle.apps.ebs.amp.oms.discovery.context.ContextRetrieveException: No APPL_TOP Contexts and DB Contexts exist.

Please help in this resolving this issue.

OEM:12.0.1.1
EBIZ: 11.5.10.2
OS (OEM) : Linux 5 64 bit
OS(EBIS) : Linux 4 32 bit

Also do we need Application Management Pack installed to discover EBusiness ???
Thanks.

Edited by: 923753 on Dec 13, 2012 9:23 AM
  • 1. Re: Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails
    652956 Newbie
    Hello,

I'm Ken Baxter, one of the PMs for the App Management Plug-in for EBS.

There are several issues that immediately jump out. One, it appears that the discovery process can't find the appropriate context files for EBS. Context files get created when auto-config is run. you also should utilize the "Discovery Diagnostics" tool in the Plug-in to pinpoint the exact root cause of the Discovery error. This is on the System Management homepage of the Plugin.

I would suggest the following:
    Run autoconfig on the ebs targets
    discover the appropriate EBS database
    Try to run Discovery
    If that fails, run Discovery Diagnostics and attempt to resolve.
    If you cannot resolve, contact Support.
  • 2. Re: Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails
    926756 Newbie
    Thanks Ken,

I will run the diagnostics and test my luck.
  • 3. Re: Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails
    user9133186 Newbie
    When it asks for monitoing schema username and password what is it refering to.....apps or dbsnmp?

Jamie
  • 5. Re: Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails
    user9133186 Newbie
    thats what i thought but i get failed when i run it this is what i get
    Diagnostic tests related to EMGC OMS
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
    Diagnosing Agent Installation
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
    Test Status:     Completed
    Test Result:     Failure

Agent Installation details
    *******************************************************************************************
    |Node Type | Agent host | Agent install Status| FM plugin Install Status |
    *******************************************************************************************
    |Database Node | varappdw1.aac.va.gov| Installed | Not applicable |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |Applications Node| varappdw1.aac.va.gov| Installed | Not Installed. |
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnosing EBS and EM component versions
    Test Status:     Completed
    Test Result:     Success

Please make sure that the EBS component versions in agent & OMS match from below entries.
    Enterprise Manager OMS Version
    EM OMS Component: 12.1.0.2.0
    EBS Component: 12.1.0.1.0

Enterprise Manager Agent Versions
    Hostname : varappdw1.aac.va.gov
    EM Component: 12.1.0.2.0
    EBS Component: 12.1.0.1.0

Some Tests failed.Please review the Test Results.For more details please refer log file.
  • 6. Re: Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails
    user10448654 Newbie
    Any luck on this???I'm having similar issue...
    I could discover R12 instance without any issue, but discovering 11i is the problem....

oracle.apps.ebs.amp.oms.discovery.context.ContextRetrieveException: EBSTargetDiscoverer11i :: retrieveContextFiles - Failed to retrieve context files
    oracle.apps.fnd.oam.em.util.job.CommandException
    Caused By: oracle.apps.fnd.oam.em.sdk.targetData.discovery.AppsDiscoveryException: Error while attempting to discover EBS on : ERPDEV( oracle_database ) using schema: apps
    Caused By: oracle.apps.ebs.amp.oms.discovery.context.ContextRetrieveException: EBSTargetDiscoverer11i :: retrieveContextFiles - Failed to retrieve context files
  • 7. Re: Discovering E-Business target through OEM 12c fails
    GlenH Newbie
    It will be helpful if a SR can be opened in relation to this issue, so we can easily exchange logs and whatever other type of information is neceesary to resolve these issues. Can you open one up when you get a chance via the My Oracle Support portal?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points