3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 7:17 PM by 949415 RSS

OIM 11g R1 - Modifying a Resource Erases Custom Process Task ???

I've created a Generic Resource in OIM that uses the Database Applications Table connector 9.1.0.5.0.

Then I add my own process tasks through Design Console under "Process Management -> Process Definitions". On each custom process task I've attached my own custom adapters, which I created through "Development Tools -> Adapter Factory" in Design Console. These custom adapters use methods from my Java code. My Java jar file is located in "Oracle_IDM1/server/JavaTasks".

Now here is the issue:
      Whenever I modify this resource in OIM under "Configuration -> Manage Generic Connector" (E.g Changing reconciliation type from Full to Incremental), all my custom process tasks get deleted.

What is the reason for this? Is there a solution for this problem?
        • 1. Re: OIM 11g R1 - Modifying a Resource Erases Custom Process Task ???
          Rajiv Dewan
          Did you provision any user before modifying the GTC ?

Take DB Backup
          Do your changes in Process Definition (GTC)
          Provision 1-2 users using modifies GTC
          Then Modify the GTC from Web Console
          Verify the Results
          • 2. Re: OIM 11g R1 - Modifying a Resource Erases Custom Process Task ???
            Kevin Pinsky
            One of the major flaws of GTC. All the data is contained in the GCD table as well. Most the time you can make changes here, but if you plan to use the GTC tool, it will reset each time you try and make a change, and it will also clear your Lookup.USR_PROCESS_TRIGGERS if it is a trusted one. Just be very careful.

-Kevin
            • 3. Re: OIM 11g R1 - Modifying a Resource Erases Custom Process Task ???
              This is indeed a major flaw for GTC. Below I found this issue in a Oracle doc.
              Doc Link: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/doc.1111/e14309/aptrouble.htm

Below is a description of this issue from the Oracle documentation
              Summary:

Customization work done on objects of a generic technology connector would be overwritten if you perform a Manage Generic Technology Connector operation.

Description:

You can use the Design Console to customize connector objects that are automatically created during generic technology connector creation. However, after you customize connector objects, if you perform a Manage Generic Technology Connector operation, then all the customization done on the connector objects would be overwritten. Therefore, Oracle recommends that you to apply one of the following guidelines:

Do not use the Design Console to modify generic technology connector objects.

The exception to this guideline is the IT resource. You can modify the parameters of the IT resource by using the Design Console. However, if you have enabled the cache for the GenericConnector and GenericConnectorProviders categories, then you must purge the cache either before or after you modify IT resource parameters. See "Purging the Cache" in the Oracle Fusion Middleware System Administrator's Guide for Oracle Identity Manager for information about running the PurgeCache utility.

If you use the Design Console to modify generic technology connector objects, then do not use the Manage Generic Technology Connector feature to modify the generic technology connector.

Connector objects that are automatically created are not deleted even if the generic technology connector creation process fails.