This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 11:34 AM by EBRAUERP RSS

Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location

951672 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,
Im facing "Unable to read wsdl from file location" error when i tried to open the operation name attribute of the web service client of quickstart application and i checked with the datastore by SOAP request in the browser,its responding well.Further iam able to execute the baseline graph successfully.Here are my questions

1.what is the reason for this error?
2.what is the solution to overcome that?

Hopefully anticipating ur suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Laxman
  • 1. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    JM-Oracle Explorer
    Hi Laxman,
    Please provide more information about your problem. Which web service are you trying to access?
    Which URL are you using that does not return the WSDL file? The immediate suggestion is to check for http or https.

Thank you,

Julia
  • 2. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    951672 Newbie
    Hi Julia,
    Thanks for the Response. Im here just pasted the url from which i m getting error
    WSDL URL :http://${ENDECA_SERVER_HOST}:${ENDECA_SERVER_PORT}/ws/control?wsdl
    operation Name: {http://www.endeca.com/endeca-server/control/1}control#controlPort#startDataStore

In this case,when i double click on the operation name attribute im getting the error as i mentioned earlier.Here my hostname :localhost and server port:7770.And my quickstart.out file contains
    ---------------------------------------------------
    XQuery fn:doc() URL loading from sandbox enabled
    Loading XQuery web services...
    XQuery web service created: admin
    XQuery web service created: config
    XQuery web service created: conversation
    XQuery web service created: ingest
    XQuery web service created: lql_parser
    XQuery web service created: transaction
    Finished loading XQuery web services (8250 ms).
    Starting HTTP server on port: 7771
    [Mon Dec 10 15:25:18 2012] Dynamic graph server "C:\Oracle\Endeca\Server\2.3.0\endeca-server\dgraph\bin\dgraph.exe" version "7.4.0.637212",
    pid=6564 listening for HTTP connections on port 7771, and bulk ingest connections on port 7772 at Mon Dec 10 15:25:18 2012

Shutdown request with time limit of 60 seconds received at Mon Dec 10 18:40:45 2012. Shutdown will complete when all outstanding jobs are complete, or within 60 seconds, whichever happens earlier.
    All dgraph transactions completed at Mon Dec 10 18:40:48 2012, exiting normally (pid=6564)
    XQuery fn:doc() URL loading from sandbox enabled
    Loading XQuery web services...
    XQuery web service created: admin
    XQuery web service created: config
    XQuery web service created: conversation
    XQuery web service created: ingest
    XQuery web service created: lql_parser
    XQuery web service created: transaction
    Finished loading XQuery web services (10618 ms).
    Starting HTTP server on port: 7771
    [Tue Dec 11 10:07:12 2012] Dynamic graph server "C:\Oracle\Endeca\Server\2.3.0\endeca-server\dgraph\bin\dgraph.exe" version "7.4.0.637212",
    pid=5388 listening for HTTP connections on port 7771, and bulk ingest connections on port 7772 at Tue Dec 11 10:07:12 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------

:)
  • 3. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    JM-Oracle Explorer
    To me, the log indicates the following:
    The Control Web Service is attempting to run and to create the data store and start the Dgraph process for this data store, for the Quick Start project. (Note: the Control Web Service is used by the endeca-cmd utility that you yourself can use to create the data store, which starts it).

It looks like the next event is a shutdown of the Dgraph though. Is it possible that someone else had issued a shut down command that has been delayed and is now being executed?

My recommendation is to start the Quick Start project from scratch. This means uninstalling, removing remaining directories, reinstalling and following the Quick Start Guide -- please know that the guide has been thoroughly tested by many people and, if you follow its instructions carefully, you should have a running project within 2 hours maximum.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29805_01/general.230/eid_quickstart/toc.htm#About%20this%20guide

Hope this helps!
    Julia
  • 4. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    951672 Newbie
    First of all thanks for the replly.Like As u mentioned that, i created the datastore using cmd-line bcoz im unable to create the any datastore using the wenbservice client.
    And also i tried with the shutdown cmd ,to check hw its working.Is bcoz of shutdown cmd anything goes wrong?

Laxman:)
  • 5. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    JM-Oracle Explorer
    Which web service you are trying to use? If you are trying to use control WS, then the easier approach is to use endeca-cmd which is the command-line client for the Control WS.
    In general, I don't understand what you are trying to achieve so please let me briefly list the sequence of tasks for a typical user flow:

The sequence of events is as follows:
    install (Endeca Server or Endeca Server and EID)
    run the quick start project, to load sample data in.
    create your own project: for this, first establish the connection with the server on which Endeca Server is running, and then use endeca-cmd to create an empty data store. This starts the Dgraph process for the data store. After that, use Integrator to load data into your data store. Create a graph in Integrator, using sample graphs as examples. If that runs successfully, your data is loaded into the data store that you created. Now you can manipulate the data store using endeca-cmd (start stop, etc). To issue queries to this data store, you have two options:
    if you installed Studio, you can connect the data source from this data store in Studio and navigate your data store this way, as well as issue search or refinement-type queries against your data.
    If you do not use Studio, you can use Endeca Server Web Services to query the data store, assuming that you have configured it correctly and loaded the schema and configuration (which is what Integrator's graph should do).
    Hope this helps,

Julia
  • 6. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    951672 Newbie
    I am trying to create a datastore using control web service only, but intially i gave
    " *http://localhost:7770/ws/control?wsdl* " as the WSDLURL it doesnt work.so i tried this thing
    " *http://myhostname:7770/ws/control?wsdl* ". Now it is showing the error

INFO [main] - *** CloverETL framework/transformation graph, (c) 2002-2012 Javlin a.s, released under GNU Lesser General Public License ***
    INFO [main] - Running with CloverETL library version 3.2.1 build#63 compiled 04/01/2012 12:53:21
    INFO [main] - Running on 4 CPU(s), OS Windows 7, architecture amd64, Java version 1.6.0_20, max available memory for JVM 886592 KB
    INFO [main] - Loading default properties from: defaultProperties
    INFO [main] - Graph definition file: graph/test.grf
    INFO [main] - Graph revision: 1.1 Modified by: laxmananarayanan.s Modified: Fri Dec 14 12:56:43 IST 2012
    INFO [main] - Checking graph configuration...
    INFO [main] - Graph configuration is valid.
    INFO [main] - Graph initialization (test)
    INFO [main] - Initializing connection:
    INFO [main] - DBConnection driver[org.jetel.connection.jdbc.driver.JdbcDriver@26132ae7]:jndi[null]:url[jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl]:user[procure] ... OK
    INFO [main] - [Clover] Initializing phase: 0
    INFO [main] - Messenger configuration context loaded.
    INFO [main] - Axis2-specific client dispatcher established for service >control< based on WSDL document.
    INFO [main] - Axis2 modules engaged for client dispatcher.
    INFO [main] - WS-Policy expressions processed.
    INFO [main] - Message validation on request is disabled.
    INFO [main] - Message validation on response is disabled.
    INFO [main] - Asynchronous messenger initilized for operation '{http://www.endeca.com/endeca-server/control/1}control#controlPort#createDataStore'.
    INFO [main] - [Clover] phase: 0 initialized successfully.
    INFO [main] - register MBean with name:org.jetel.graph.runtime:type=CLOVERJMX_1355468878303_0
    INFO [WatchDog] - Pre-execute initialization of connection:
    INFO [WatchDog] - DBConnection driver[org.jetel.connection.jdbc.driver.JdbcDriver@26132ae7]:jndi[null]:url[jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl]:user[procure] ... OK
    INFO [WatchDog] - Starting up all nodes in phase [0]
    INFO [WatchDog] - Successfully started all nodes in phase!
    ERROR [WatchDog] - Graph execution finished with error
    ERROR [WatchDog] - Node WEB_SERVICE_CLIENT0 finished with status: ERROR caused by: Explicit path to data files cannot be a relative path: string
    ERROR [WatchDog] - Node WEB_SERVICE_CLIENT0 error details:
    org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Explicit path to data files cannot be a relative path: string
         at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient$NonBlockingInvocationWorker.run(OutInAxisOperation.java:451)
         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    INFO [WatchDog] - [Clover] Post-execute phase finalization: 0
    INFO [WatchDog] - [Clover] phase: 0 post-execute finalization successfully.
    INFO [WatchDog] - Execution of phase [0] finished with error - elapsed time(sec): 1
    ERROR [WatchDog] - !!! Phase finished with error - stopping graph run !!!
    INFO [WatchDog] - Post-execute finalization of connection:
    INFO [WatchDog] - DBConnection driver[org.jetel.connection.jdbc.driver.JdbcDriver@26132ae7]:jndi[null]:url[jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl]:user[procure] ... OK
    INFO [WatchDog] - -----------------------** Summary of Phases execution **---------------------
    INFO [WatchDog] - Phase# Finished Status RunTime(sec) MemoryAllocation(KB)
    INFO [WatchDog] - 0 ERROR 1 14499
    INFO [WatchDog] - ------------------------------** End of Summary **---------------------------
    INFO [WatchDog] - WatchDog thread finished - total execution time: 1 (sec)
    INFO [main] - Freeing graph resources.
    ERROR [main] - Execution of graph failed !

could you please tell me what this error signifies?
  • 7. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    JM-Oracle Explorer
    I interpret this as follows:

The graph in Integrator failed to execute because of this error: Explicit path to data files cannot be a relative path.
    It looks like a problem with running the graph in Integrator successfully -- I defer to Integrator folks on this forum to provide more insight.
  • 8. Re: Error :Unable to read WSDL from file location
    EBRAUERP Newbie

Hi

The only solution i found for this is restarting all services (Server+Studio+Provisioning)

@EBrauerP

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points