This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 10:15 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Certview Bug examing score reports

bigdelboy Pro
Currently Being Moderated
I was prompted to test Certview Score reporting this following reports of people with difficulties viewing core reports in certview. At around the time of this post i find the following either bugs or IMHO bad behaviours. I am using Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 m from a Windows Vista PC at this time.

A am able to get to the Certview - exam history page entitled "Oracle University Exam History"

I see exams I have taken here under the oracle certification program under both prometric and Pearson Vue ( i don not see earlier exams taken under sun / MySQL before takeover; though I do see them on the certification page, this is all as I would expect).

So I have a table of exams as follows:
Test Start Date     Exam Number     Exam Title                      Grade Indicator     Score Report
17-MAR-10     1Z0-047             Oracle Database SQL Expert      PASS                     View
[1]

When I click on the 'view' link for the score report on an old exam previously taken under oracle when prometric was the provider I get a pop up Tab page with the message:
"There are no registrations associated with your student information."
                      _OK_
I can understand what is going on here, though the message is not informative.

[2]

When I click on view link for score report for the exam above (taken under pearson view) I get a background tab attempting to open with a 'Loading....' message on the tab title ... which goes 'untitled' for an instant and then disappears completely. That tab near reaches foreground and I remain on the exam history page.

[3] I haven't taken an exam for one taken after the new results regime introduced in november 2012 .... but other forum posters seem to have at least got some issues here. I seem to recall from blog links others were initially unsuccessful but later successful with recently taken exams.

I am concerned the update to this area may not have been fully tested, and may be pleased to recommend prize of extended visit to Australian Bushtucker trials with opportunity to develop and test escape software from tunnels full of bandicoots. Of course I am unfairly jesting ;-)

I personnally an not too bothered on this but others may be. I may raise an SR anyway and will leave the number here if I do. I understand it is the weekend, and that software updates take some time to develop and test.

• 1. Re: Certview Bug examing score reports
    bigdelboy Pro
    bigdelboy wrote:

[2]

When I click on view link for score report for the exam above (taken under pearson view) I get a background tab attempting to open with a 'Loading....' message on the tab title ... which goes 'untitled' for an instant and then disappears completely. That tab near reaches foreground and I remain on the exam history page.
    UPDATE:

I just tried from another PC ... this time using the firefox 3.6.28 Browser.

..... This time the link downloaded a PDF of my paddys' day score report ( from 17mar10) and the opened it in adobe reader.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

Try another computer with another browser and ensure adobe reader ok.
  • 2. Re: Certview Bug examing score reports
    670778 Newbie
    I have several certifications that I have completed from 2002, 2005 and most recently 2012. I am not able to view the results and get the same error mentioned above :

OK

I don't think this is a browser related issue since I have tried this with Chrome, IE and Mozilla. Can anyone help with the solution to view my old results ?

Thank you,
    Shashi
  • 3. Re: Certview Bug examing score reports
    bigdelboy Pro
    user10613194 wrote:
    I have several certifications that I have completed from 2002, 2005 and most recently 2012. I am not able to view the results and get the same error mentioned above :

OK

I don't think this is a browser related issue since I have tried this with Chrome, IE and Mozilla. Can anyone help with the solution to view my old results ?

Thank you,
    Shashi
    For the 2002 and 2005 examinations these will have been with a pre-pearson vue exam provider and the detailed exam results will not be available.

For the 2012 by best guess you ought to have had a Pearson Vue exam with results available, but their may be exceptions ( eg one thought is might happen if oracle testing ID's were merged). Suggest raise a specific service request with Oracle Certification to investigate. This is new so behaviours will be emerging ... however you have not hit a browser issue here as far as I can tell ).
  • 4. Re: Certview Bug examing score reports
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    If you run into these types of issues, please do raise them to Oracle Certification Support http://bit.ly/KMsuH3. We continue to monitor and tweak the behavior of CertView to improve user experience. The only way that we will know if there is a wide spread problem is if candidates notify us.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 5. Re: Certview Bug examing score reports
    670778 Newbie
    Thank you , I have opened a SR from the link that you have provided, the SR number is 497386-224102656 . Where can I check on the status of this SR ?

Thanks,
    Shashi
  • 6. Re: Certview Bug examing score reports
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    At this time, users outside of Oracle are not able to check the status of their SRs (tho this would be a great enhancement and I hope it is in the enhancement queue!). However, you should receive an email from the support team within 3 business days.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points