This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 6:08 AM by orafad RSS

Certview login and Oracle.com / SSO ID

orafad Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
As I tried to login to certview, it said there was a problem and a few days later I got an automated reply that stated there is some problem related to my (very old) non-email user/login name vs current email based login. (It's the same account, from '99, I did not get a new one.)

The information included says for issues with login go to (account help url - About Oracle.com account). On the page referenced, a number of applications/service are listed but not CertView. That's terrific.

Where do I go to request immediate help with getting Certview records corrected? The general OCP support? What if one needs speedier response than within five days?
  • 1. Re: Certview login and Oracle.com / SSO ID
    matthew_morris Expert
    Where do I go to request immediate help with getting Certview records corrected?
    I don't believe there is a P1 equivalent for Certview. There's no way to equate the inability to access Certview with a down production database, after all. Opening an SR is almost assuredly the fastest way to get a response. Hopefully you opened one before creating this forum posting, but if not, the longer you delay opening one, the further off the response time. :)

http://education.oracle.com/pls/eval-eddap-dcd/OU_SUPPORT_OCP.home?p_source=OCP

Brandye can make a more authoritative response. However, as she just did a slew of posts today, I don't expect she'll see this until late next week.

On the page referenced, a number of applications/service are listed but not CertView. That's terrific.
    Certview is unusual in that it combines your OTN information with your Oracle Testing ID, so I would imagine that would be why it isn't listed.
  • 2. Re: Certview login and Oracle.com / SSO ID
    orafad Oracle ACE
    Thanks. Yes I'd created an 'OCP SR' (not Metalink SR). I was trying to make sure it was the right door to knock on and at the same time perhaps whishing to find another door, since the few SRs I've opened in the past just recevied blanket and irrelevant responses.

Sure, there may be a reason it's not listed, but then a link to "account help" page should perhaps not be included in the blanket response to certview account questions. "For other account issues not related to Certview, see the following page:" could also do it, if the point is to promote it as some sort of FAQ page or starting point.
  • 3. Re: Certview login and Oracle.com / SSO ID
    bigdelboy Pro
    Possibly not related ... but I have seen possibly related discussions in the Community feedback forum.

Perhaps this thread and its links covers similar things .... there may be others if you go back over the years.

{thread:id=2473954}

It may not be the case and I apologise for misleading you if so.
  • 4. Re: Certview login and Oracle.com / SSO ID
    orafad Oracle ACE
    The OCP request ticket was the right way to go, in this case. I had a really consultative message in the mailbox this morning, they rid the issue and standard sso login now works, and it did! Yes!

Thanks for responding to this thread also, Matthew and Bigdelboy.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points