This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 4:00 AM by user12856254 RSS

Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer

769594 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am using httpclusterservlet for load balancing. but load balancer is not working properly in case of session stickness.
using oracle weblogic server 10.3.3. we are three managed server in a cluster.
can we use -Dweblogic.servlet.useExtendedSessionFormat=true
  • 1. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    RenévanWijk Oracle ACE
    The following (Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer shows an flow chart of how the webserver decides
    to which WebLogic Server to redirect the request.

- If it has a session id (JSESSIONID=SESSION_ID!PRIMARY_JVMID_HASH!SECONDARY_JVM_HASH!CREATION_TIME) it connects to the primary server
    - If it the connection is succesfull it connects to the primary server if it is not it redirects to the secundary server

Are you seeing a constant server switch to where the request is redirected if there is a session?

Have you also configured WebLogic to use session replication, for example, add the following to the deployment override weblogic.xml
    <session-descriptor>
        <persistent-store-type>replicated_if_clustered</persistent-store-type>
    </session-descriptor>
  • 2. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    769594 Newbie
    I am using httpclusterservlet for load balancing. but load balancer is not working properly in case of session stickness.
    using oracle weblogic server 10.3.3. we have three managed server in a cluster.
    can we use -Dweblogic.servlet.useExtendedSessionFormat=true

i don't want to use session replication. i want to use httpclusterservlet only for load balancer. is there any way to debug this problem. we are facing timeout problem releated to this.
  • 3. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    769594 Newbie
    ####<Mar 23, 2011 3:02:16 PM IST> <Warning> <Socket> <TradeServer> <ProxyServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '21' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1300872736528> <BEA-000449> <Closing socket as no data read from it on 59.162.23.4:53,204 during the configured idle timeout of 25 secs>

this warning is comming on Proxy server where i have deployed on the Httpclusterservlet.

can this exception cause the timeout problem.

regards
    vivek
    Waiting for ur reply.........
  • 4. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    848439 Newbie
    You can turn on wl_proxy debug option and then check whether cookie is sent back from browser to proxy server. To be session stick, a cookie should be sent from browser to proxy server and then the proxy server will parse session id from the cookie. If session id is available, proxy server will then forward the request to the server where session id is generated.

About BEA-000449, it's a warning and inform you that no data transferring on this socket about 25 secs and proxy server colses this idle socket as idle time exeeds. It should not cause session unstickness.
  • 5. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    769594 Newbie
    ####<Mar 29, 2011 2:10:07 PM IST> <Error> <HTTP> <TradeServer> <ProxyServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '62' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1301388007742> <BEA-101020> <[ServletContext@12483430[app:proxyAppWLS module:proxyAppWLS.war path: spec-version:null]] Servlet failed with Exception
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.objectIfCommitted(ServletResponseImpl.java:1602)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.sendError(ServletResponseImpl.java:625)
         at weblogic.servlet.proxy.HttpClusterServlet.service(HttpClusterServlet.java:395)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:821)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650)
         at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174)
         at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446)
         at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
    >

hi i am geeting this error is this issue exception releated to sticky session
  • 6. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    980192 Newbie
    Were you able to resolve your issues? I am behind a Big-IP and experiencing some of the same symptoms you had ever since we upgraded to 10.3.3
  • 7. Re: Sessions Stickness probelm in Load Balancer
    user12856254 Newbie

Am having the same problem and I tried the "-Dweblogic.servlet.useExtendedSessionFormat=true" workaround and got the same error "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed".

Does anyone knows how to fix this??, I search for a very long time on this problem and with no luck, please help

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points