11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 7:36 AM by Ajay RSS

XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc

Ajay
      Hi Team,

I am trying to create a XML report which can display data in more than one language like English and French etc.

I have created one data definition and one template for English as the default output.

We have created one more template with French as the language and territory as French Polynesia.

Can some one guide me how are we going to link two templates to one data definition.

Regards,
      Ajay
        • 2. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
          Ajay
          Yes EBS R11i.

Regards,
          Ajay
          • 3. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
            Iosif T
            Translation of reports is done usualy transparently by application, using the .xlf mechanism and calling parameters

While invoking (programmatically) the execution of a report, the caller can (and it does) send parameters and language he wants to retrieve the output, then the server get the appropriate translation file and apply to the template

You have only one template (one or more DS), and 0 (0 means default whatever is defined for the server, no need to translate, most of the time en) or many .xlf translation files, one for each language (sample en_us, fr_fr are the ones we usually use from our Siebel installation)

The manuals are quite clear on how to develop multi-lingual reports. (export the strings, then create for amy language the file with translation, in the "target" of each token).

We've actualy developed an automated process which takes the en.xlf file and based on a repository of translation (official) items, we create the target .xlf file ( in french).
            There are also some plug-ins (for Eclipse as a sample) /utilities which can do much the same, based on the WEB services translations, but our's must be the "official" one.
            • 4. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
              Ajay
              Hi,

I have two templates one with the English and the other with the French as language.

I have gone through the manual/user guide but i am not able to implement it effectively.

So looking for guidance.

Can you help me in it.

Regards,
              Ajay
              • 5. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                AlexAnd
                for multi-lang report you can use
                - xliff for other lang then lang used in report by default
                - create lang-template per lang

in your case you use template per lang
                so create one template definition for one data definition and add lang-template with corresponding lang and territory(optional)
                as example
                template name: XXTMP_ru.rtf lang: Russian
                template name: XXTMP_en.rtf lang: English

then you run concurrent then choose needed lang or template

lang automatically detected then user signin so:
                for english session ebs automatically pick XXTMP_en.rtf
                for russian session ebs automatically pick XXTMP_ru.rtf
                • 6. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                  Ajay
                  Hi Alex,

I am aware of the concept.

Can you help me how can i implement using xliff file.

As i am not able to grasp it from user guide.

One more clarification if i am going for 'create lang-template per lang' then do i need to have MLS configured in my EBS.

Please confirm.

Regards,
                  Ajay
                  • 7. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                    AlexAnd
                    >
                    Can you help me how can i implement using xliff file.
                    >
                    nice guide - Translating Reports - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10415_01/doc/bi.1013/e12187/T421739T432386.htm

>
                    To generate an XLIFF file from an RTF template

Open your template in Microsoft Word with the Template Builder for Word installed.

From the Template Builder menu, select Tools > Translations > Extract Text.

BI Publisher extracts the translatable strings from the template and exports them to an XLIFF (.xlf) file.

Save the file to the desired location.
                    >

>
                    One more clarification if i am going for 'create lang-template per lang' then do i need to have MLS configured in my EBS.
                    >
                    not sure about your point
                    what do you mean "configured" ?
                    mls is the ability to run you application on different language like italian, russian ....
                    so if you want check how many lang do you have then
                    select nls_language from fnd_languages where installed_flag in ('B','I');
                    for my test instance i have only "AMERICAN"

but i can run my report with 'lang-template per lang' in different lang
                    so when you run your concurrent then click "options" and indicate "template language"

if you have

then you can choose for "template language" - Russian and English
                    • 8. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                      Ajay
                      Hi Alex,

I have created the second template as filename_fr_FR.rtf.

When go to SRS then click "options" and indicate "template language" as French: French Polynesia.

Then Click ok and submit my request.

But i am not able to see my report output in French Language.

How can i make sure whether i have done things correctly or not.

Kindly help.

Regards,
                      Ajay

Edited by: Ajay on Dec 18, 2012 1:22 AM
                      • 9. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                        AlexAnd
                        i tested by r12

i used
                        without territory

for me it's work fine

so you can try to test in with and without territory

so experiment with different case

or post SR
                        • 10. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                          Ajay
                          Hi Alex,

I have exported my .xlf file for my template and now when i am trying to upload it.

It is throwing me an error.

The uploaded translation file is invalid. It should specify a valid target language and territory. Please verify that the file is in the correct format

Can you please help me in debugging it.

Regards,
                          Ajay
                          • 11. Re: XML publisher output in different language like Englih,french etc
                            Ajay
                            Thank you Alex i have retried the steps and it has worked for me.

Regards,
                            Ajay