This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
No, I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you describe. I have the same setup except for Java 1.6.0_37, which is unlikely to make a difference. Have you tried exiting SQL Developer, renaming your UserReports.xml in
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\to something else, restarting SQL Developer, creating a couple folders / reports, then examining / comparing the new UserReports.xml and the old renamed copy? Perhaps you will find some obvious anomaly in the original file that can be corrected manually. That might be a result of migrating from prior versions of SQL Developer where a debug was present in the folder functionality.
If so, please post back here with the results.
SQL Developer Team
I just tried what you suggested and I got the same result. Below is my testcase:
1. Started SQLDeveloper with no user reports (no file) started okay
2. Created a folder called RAC under User Defined Reports folder created
3. Created a report under that folder called test1 RAC fold opens, test1 report appears
4. Created a folder called AWR under User Defined Reports folder created, both AWR and RAC folders open and test1is under RAC
5. Close both folders, created a report under AWR called test2 both folders open and both reports appear under each folder.
I have migrated several times so maybe the next test is a clean install of SQLDeveloper with no migration from the previous version and trying the test again. If that works then I'll replace the original file that contains all my reports and test again. I'll let you know what I find.
Edited by: markdba123 on Dec 5, 2012 3:47 PM