This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 6:31 AM by user626836 RSS

Accessing my application server

user626836 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone,
I have installed Fusion MiddleWare, Weblogic and Oracle Database 11g in the same server for the first time and is working fine so far, but I need to know if I need to install Forms and Reports on each computer so the users can have access to the server. Can anyone please help me on this?
  • 1. Re: Accessing my application server
    Paul M. Oracle ACE
    I need to know if I need to install Forms and Reports on each computer so the users can have access to the server.
    If "each computer" means all clients, then the answer is No, on clients you only need a browser.

If you mean something else, please clarify.
  • 2. Re: Accessing my application server
    user626836 Newbie
    Hi Paul and thanks for replying,
    That's exactly what I mean, the clients. We are working locally.
    Can you please explain me the process on how to make my computer access the server with the browser?
    This is a new world for me because I used to work with Forms 6i and now we are in the process to buy the new version, but our directors need to see it working before they make any decision.
    My Oracle Server is a Windows 2008 server, my Oracle version is 11g, Weblogic is 10.3.6, Forms and Reports 11g Release 2
  • 3. Re: Accessing my application server
    Paul M. Oracle ACE
    This is a new world for me because I used to work with Forms 6i and now we are in the process to buy the new version
    Then it would be better that you have a look at the documentation.
    Can you please explain me the process on how to make my computer access the server with the browser?
    Once everything is configured and working on the server : (from the documentation)
    For example, assume the Web server is running on port 8888 on a computer called "example.com". 

The user starts the Web browser and goes to a URL such as:

http://example.com:8888/forms/frmservlet?config=myapp
  • 4. Re: Accessing my application server
    user626836 Newbie
    Hi Paul,
    I have the server setup and working pretty well, my problem is to know how can I make my personal computer connect to the server that I already have working because when I run the browser on the server I am able to connect pretty well, but I don't know how to do it from my computer because I'm using my PC as the client machine.
    The way I connect on my server is using this address:
    http://myserver:port/forms/frmservlet?form=myfolderapplicationroute\form_name.fmx

So if I do it from any computer, is this what I have to do?
    http://myserver:port/forms/frmservlet?form=\\myfolderapplicationroute\form_name.fmx
  • 5. Re: Accessing my application server
    Paul M. Oracle ACE
    The way I connect on my server is using this address:
    http://myserver:port/forms/frmservlet?form=myfolderapplicationroute\form_name.fmx
    And did you try the same from other computers ?
  • 6. Re: Accessing my application server
    user626836 Newbie
    I did, but is telling me that I'm trying to run a version that is newer than the one I have installed on my computer. Should I unistall Forms 6i from my PC first?
    One more thing, every time I run any form on my server it gives me a warning saying: This application would like to use an old version of Java (1.6.0_12) that is not installed on your system. We recommend running the application with the latest version of Java on your computer.
    Name: oracle.forms.engine.Main

Is there a way to solve this issue also?
    The version installed on my server is Java 7 Update 9
  • 7. Re: Accessing my application server
    Fabian Pro
    every time I run any form on my server it gives me a warning saying: This application would like to use an old version of Java (1.6.0_12) that is not >installed on your system. We recommend running the application with the latest version of Java on your computer.
    1. Close all browsers;
    2. Make sure you are running latest version of Java
    (check this via Java Control Panel in Windows Control Panel, or, more simply,
    just download latest version from Java.com);
    3. Open Java Control Panel (via Windows Control Panel);
    4. Go to “Java” tab;
    5. Click on “View” in “Java Applet Runtime
    Settings” of that tab;
    6. Uncheck “Enabled” for every version of Java listed
    EXCEPT for the latest version;
    7. Click “OK”, etc., and thus close Java
    Control Panel;
    8. Restart browser(s);
    9. Done.
    I'm trying to run a version that is newer than the one I have installed on my computer. Should I unistall Forms 6i from my PC first?
    Try uninstalling the old version of Java from your computer

You can find the java version of ur computer by
    opening the command Prompt
    Execute the command java -version

You should get the output as below
    java version "1.6.0_21"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b51)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.0-b17, mixed mode)
    and then download and install latest version from Java.com

Now Download and Install the Latest Version of java from java.com

Regards
    Fabian
  • 8. Re: Accessing my application server
    user626836 Newbie
    Hi Fabian and thanks for replying,
    My Java issue was that I had the wrong one installed and not the Java SE Runtime Environment as you suggested and the client connection was not possible because I needed to create a new firewall rule to allow connections to my Oracle port, so is working pretty well now.
    Thanks a lot for your help!!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points