This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
You can ignore the errors. The files named in the error lines do not exist in the rpm package, but are there as .jar files
The following works under Oracle Linux 6.3 x86_64 (and probably other versions).
1. Open the following URL in a web browser on your PC:
2. Click the JDK download button, accept the license agreement and download the JDE rpm package.
3. Copy the following file to your Oracle Linux server (SFTP):
4. Login as root and use the YUM utility to install the RPM package.
# yum install ./jdk-7u10-linux-x64.rpm
5. Register the new installed java version, then change your default Java:
# alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_10/bin/java 2
# alternatives --config java
Display your default Java version:
# java -version
java version "1.7.0_10"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_10-b18)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.6-b04, mixed mode)
thanks so much. It worked !!!