1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 8:48 PM by calittle - oracle RSS

How to restrict access to components promoted via LBYPROC?

Hi,

We are using Documaker 11.4 ... Let's assume there are two MRLs MRL1(Source) and MRL2(Target)

We have few components that would be created and edited in MRL1 and then these components would be promoted using LBYPROC onto MRL2.

We want to ensure that these components from MRL1 are not editable in MRL2. We tried securing these components and then promoting them.

But, whenever the user sets the workspace for MRL2, the user is given sys admin rights and is able to edit all components.

Is there any way to secure these resources before we promote them and ensure that they remain protected in the target as well?

Thanks,
      Aparna
        • 1. Re: How to restrict access to components promoted via LBYPROC?
          calittle - oracle
          user10748499 wrote:
          Hi,

We are using Documaker 11.4 ... Let's assume there are two MRLs MRL1(Source) and MRL2(Target)

We have few components that would be created and edited in MRL1 and then these components would be promoted using LBYPROC onto MRL2.

We want to ensure that these components from MRL1 are not editable in MRL2. We tried securing these components and then promoting them.

But, whenever the user sets the workspace for MRL2, the user is given sys admin rights and is able to edit all components.

Is there any way to secure these resources before we promote them and ensure that they remain protected in the target as well?

Thanks,
          Aparna
          Hi Aparna,

You might try this - I don't know if will work and I'm not where I can test it, but it would only take a moment. In your LBYPROC script, try adding the item indicated in bold below. Again, I don't know if populating this value is supported by the utility but it's worth a try....

<LBYSCRIPT>
          <ADD>
          <LIBRARY VALUE="DEFLIB\MASTER.LBY"/>
          <FILENAME VALUE=".\forms\Q1ADDR.fap"/>
          <NAME VALUE="Q1ADDR"/>
          <TYPE VALUE="FAP"/>
          <VER VALUE="00001"/>
          <REV VALUE="00001"/>
          *<SECURED VALUE="Name_Of_Secure_User"/>*
          <MODE VALUE=""/>
          <STATUS VALUE=""/>
          <CLASS VALUE=""/>