1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 4:06 AM by Alee RSS

Error:The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the drive

Mindmap
      Hello friends,

I work on Win 7 64 bit, Oracle SOE 11g R2 64 bit.
      I am trying to integrate my DB with this program
      http://goconnectcrm.com/ that is 32 bit.
      I used odbcad32 and Oracle in OraDb11g_home1 driver that I suppose it is 32 bit (SQORA32.DLL)

When I tried to access the ODBC through that Go Connect program, I got this error:

The test of the connection was successful on ODBC for the user : APEX_PUBLIC_USER.
      preview failed, exception: error [IM014] [Microsoft] [ODBC DRIVER Manager] 
      The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the driver and application 
      So, Go Connect is not able to see my DB... Any help please ??

Best Regards,
      Fateh
        • 1. [IM014] DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and App
          Alee
          Hi Fateh,

I experience the same after doing some analysis it worked plz find below scenario details.

Scenario:_
          below were installed on same Machine 64bit
          DB Instance: *64bit*
          software (KXEN) to integrate: *32 bit*

Error:_
          Message from ODBC: Connection failed: [IM014][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Workout:_
          Install 32 bit Oracle client on 64 bit machine which will change the pointer to latest installed 32bit -> SQORA32.DLL
          Make sure that you create your ODBC link using the 32 bits ODBC Manager:
          C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Regards,
          Alee