7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 4:40 PM by EJP RSS

How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression

Hey guys,

Basically I need to get referenced a value expression based on a Map<String, List<String>>. I won't get in deeper in why I need that but just that we need this complex data structure here.

Well, I have a <ui:repeat> that iterates over a List then each object builds a <p:inputText that maked reference to this "complex" Map. See bellow:

<ui:repeat var="p" value="#{searchBean.searchParameters}" varStatus="status">
                                         <tr>
                                              <td class="accSH9Wxb">
                                                   #{p.label}
                                              </td>

<td class="acGuuIHUjS">
                                                   <div class="ZaccXDmCXX AlcXDmCXX">
                                                        <div>
                                                             <span class="accEEXEvb">
                                                                  <p:inputText value="#{searchBean.searchParameterValues[p.sigla]}"/>
                                                             </span>
                                                        </div>
                                                   </div>
                                              </td>

<td class="acGuuIHUjS">
                                                   <div class="ZaccXDmCXX AlcXDmCXX">
                                                        <div>
                                                             <span class="accEEXEvb">
                                                                  <p:inputText value="#{searchBean.searchParameterValues[p.sigla]}"/>
                                                             </span>
                                                        </div>
                                                   </div>
                                              </td>

</tr>
                                    </ui:repeat>

Note that I'm doing a #{searchBean.searchParameterValues[p.sigla]}" so this not getting success yet.

So my question is How can I reference a Map<String, List<String>> using ValueExpression?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
          gimbal2
          If your "complex" data structure is correct then you're putting a List into an inputText field right now - that is of course not going to work. So what exactly do you want to achieve? Do you want to display an inputText box per index of the list?
          • 2. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
            No, i'm not rendering via outputText.

Imagine this. You have to keep holdded for after processing an structure that is built with CODE which has 2 values. Then I thought that a Map<String,List<String>> could serve for my purposes.

Those <p:inputText> are being partial updated after <p:selecteManyMenu> item is selected via <p:ajax> event. Till there, everything is all right. However my only issue is that I'm not able to post those <p:inputText> correctly because their value expression are wrong.

So I was wondering that what if is possible to make a reference to this "complex" map as I'm saynn...

Any tips will be wonderful

Thanks
            • 3. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
              Look what I've done now in order to get this work but with not succes.

I changed my value's map to a classe of ValueContent like this Map<String,ValueContent> and in the view side I did this

<p:inputText value="#{searchBean.searchParameterValues[p.sigla].valueContent.iniValue}"/>

My ValueContent is

class ValueContent implements Serializeble {
              private String iniValue;
                        private String endValue;

public ValueContent() {

}

// getters and setters...
              }

And now I getting this error

javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /pages/portal/searcharea.xhtml @108,102 value="#{searchBean.searchParameterValues[p.sigla].valueContent.iniValue}": Property 'valueContent' not found on type br.com.agens.titanium.ui.bean.SearchBean$ValueContent
              • 4. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
                EJP
                So the searchParameterValues already are type ValueContent, so you don't need .valueContent in the EL.
                • 5. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
                  hey, I guess I was making a mistake since it's not possible to reference of an Object like ValueContent without a Converter. So I create one and everything was all right!
                  • 6. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
                    gimbal2
                    GuitarBrasil wrote:
                    hey, I guess I was making a mistake since it's not possible to reference of an Object like ValueContent without a Converter. So I create one and everything was all right!
                    It is possible to reference them, but it is not possible to dump them in a component that works on a string basis without some kind of conversion.
                    • 7. Re: How to reference a Map<String, List<String>> via ValueExpression
                      EJP
                      since it's not possible to reference of an Object like ValueContent without a Converter.
                      Yes it is. You only need Converters for elements that are displayed and entered.
                      So I create one and everything was all right!
                      You didn't need to do that. You just needed to remove .valueContent, as I said. If you're not going to actually+try+ what you are told here, I fail to see the point of posting at all.