1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 3:26 PM by rp0428 RSS

Can´t connect sqldeveloper with my Oracle 11gR2

When I try to connect the sql developer (in my computer) with my Oracle Database 11gR2 (in a server) and fail.

The Sql developer show this message : "Status: Failure-Test failed: IO Error: Socket read timed out"

Now I post some info:
      1) The TNSping works good in my computer and the server
      2) The TNSNAMES is ok (the DB is configure)
      3) I can connect to the other 3 databases in the same server
      4) I already restart the windows service associate to DB
      5) I already make test with a different computer and different software (sql_developer newest version, Toad newest version)

Anyone have a soluton for my problem??
        • 1. Re: Can´t connect sqldeveloper with my Oracle 11gR2
          rp0428
          Welcome to the forum!

Whenever you post provide your four digit Oracle version (result of SELECT * FROM V$VERSION) and your full sql developer version.
          >
          5) I already make test with a different computer and different software (sql_developer newest version, Toad newest version)
          >
          But you never said what the result of those tests were!

What platform and OS version are you using?

What JDK version are you using? You should avoid JDK 7 for now so if you are using that don't; use a version 6_33 or later.

Can you connect to ANY other DB using that same version of sql developer?

Can you connect to the DB at all?

Can you connect using sql*plus?

What type of connection are you trying to make.

Provide the exact steps you took to try to connect: the menu selections, what choices you made (e.g. type of connection), what text you entered, etc.

Just saying you can't connect and you tried a bunch of things doesn't provide any information for someone to try to reproduce your problem.