5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 1:06 AM by carlos cortez RSS

FRM-92101 there was a failure in the forms server during startup

carlos cortez
      Hi, i'm facing this error when running a form (i'm running the form from windows), the forms uses webutil, the java console shows:
      Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37
      Usar versión JRE 1.6.0_37-b06 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      Directorio local del usuario = C:\Users\Carlos
      ----------------------------------------------------
      c:   borrar ventana de consola
      f:   finalizar objetos en la cola de finalización
      g:   liberación de recursos
      h:   presentar este mensaje de ayuda
      l:   volcar lista del cargador de clases
      m:   imprimir sintaxis de memoria
      o:   activar registro
      q:   ocultar consola
      r:   recargar configuración de norma
      s:   volcar propiedades del sistema y de despliegue
      t:   volcar lista de subprocesos
      v:   volcar pila de subprocesos
      x:   borrar antememoria del cargador de clases
      0-5: establecer nivel de rastreo en <n>
      ----------------------------------------------------

RegisterWebUtil - Loading WebUtil Version 10.1.2.3
      proxyHost=null
      proxyPort=0
      connectMode=HTTP, native.
      La versión del applet Forms es: 10.1.2.3
      oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: Forms session <2> aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process.
           at oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException.createConnectionException(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
           at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)
      java.io.EOFException
           at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageReader.run(Unknown Source)
      The forms is in a OAS 10gr2, the forms is patched to 10.1.2.3, at application log i found this:
      12/12/17 15:07:17 formsweb: Started
      12/12/17 15:07:19 formsweb: lservlet: init
      12/12/17 15:07:19 formsweb: ListenerServlet init() 
      12/12/17 15:09:43 formsweb: Forms session <1> aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process.
      12/12/17 15:09:43 formsweb: Forms session <1> exception stack trace: 
      java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
           at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:272)
           at oracle.forms.servlet.RunformProcess.read(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.servlet.RunformSession.read(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.servlet.ListenerServlet.sendDataFromRunform(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.servlet.ListenerServlet.forwardResponseFromRunform(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.forms.servlet.ListenerServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
           at com.evermind[Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.3.0)].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:835)
           at com.evermind[Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.3.0)].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:341)
           at com.evermind[Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.3.0)].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:816)
           at com.evermind[Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.3.0)].server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:231)
           at com.evermind[Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.3.0)].server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:136)
           at com.evermind[Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.3.0)].util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.java:192)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
      12/12/17 15:13:20 formsweb: lservlet: destroy
      12/12/17 15:13:20 formsweb: Stopped
      12/12/17 15:13:20 Stopped (Shutdown executed by jazn.com/admin from 127.0.0.1 (localhost.localdomain))
      i have tried the master note 604633.1 but none of the known causes is my case :(

Regards
      Carlos
        • 1. Re: FRM-92101 there was a failure in the forms server during startup
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
          This seems to be a confusing problem for most people. Here is why I believe this is so. Understanding the layers of Forms is paramount is troubleshooting it. For example, you provided us with the Java console from the client and the application.log from the OC4J container (generated by the Forms servlet). The problem is that neither the client or the server are what has failed. FRM-92101 indicates that the Forms runtime (frmweb) has crashed or failed to start. Therefore, expecting to get any valuable information from the client side or servlet log likely will not happen. There are some rare cases where a servlet failure can cause the runtime to crash, but as I mentioned, this is rare. The failure generally occurs in the other direction. Meaning, most often when FRM-92101 occurs, the runtime failed, which causes the servlet to fail, then eventually causes the client to fail. So the root cause is at the bottom and not the top ;)

So, what now?

Well, you need to look at the pieces at the bottom:

<ol><li>Did the failing runtime result in a crash dump file? These files will be generated in \forms\trace
          <li>Is the application causing the runtime to crash? Try running a different form. Preferably a very simple one like test.fmx, which is included in the \forms directory.
          <li>Does the machine have sufficient resources to host the runtime process? For example, free disk space, RAM, etc. On unix platforms, ensure that the file descriptors value meets or exceeds that of what is documented in the install guide.</ol>
          And so on...

Also, refer to MOS Note 444690.1
          • 2. Re: FRM-92101 there was a failure in the forms server during startup
            carlos cortez
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply michael,
            Did the failing runtime result in a crash dump file? These files will be generated in \forms\trace 
            no it did not result in a crash dump file, there is nothing at forms\trace directory
            Is the application causing the runtime to crash? Try running a different form. Preferably a very simple one like test.fmx, which is included in the \forms directory
            when i try a different form i dont get the error
            Does the machine have sufficient resources to host the runtime process? For example, free disk space, RAM, etc. On unix platforms, ensure that the file descriptors value meets or exceeds that of what is documented in the install guide.
            yes it has enough resources

i have saw note 444690.1 and also 604633.1 with no result :(

i think a possible reason about the error but i'm not sure, i only have the forms's fmx which ones i export from version 10.1.2.0.2 to a new installation with 10.1.2.3, in that new installation i configured webutil, in that process i created a new webutil plx, so i don't know if i should recompile the forms with this new plx, the problem is that i dont have the forms's sources.
            • 3. Re: FRM-92101 there was a failure in the forms server during startup
              CraigB
              ...the forms uses webutil...
              when i try a different form i dont get the error
              The other form that works - does it also use WebUtil?

If no - this would suggest that your WebUtil configuration on your client/Forms Builder is not complete. Double-check that the jacob.jar has been signed and that all of the required Java Archives (.jar) files are in the expected directories.

If this "Other Form" did include WebUtil, then I would suggest you setup a Forms Runtime Diagnostice (FRD) configuration so you can run your form and force a log file to be produced. I have found using the FRD to be very helpful when troubleshooting obscure errors. You have references several My Oracle Support (MOS) documents so I will assume you have access to MOS. That being the case, take a look at Forms Runtime Diagnostics (FRD) ID:372323.1 for instructions on using FRD.

Hope this helps.
              Craig...
              • 4. Re: FRM-92101 there was a failure in the forms server during startup
                carlos cortez
                Hi,

Thanks for your help craig
                The other form that works - does it also use WebUtil? 
                no it doesn't include webutil, other forms without webutil works fine, at the java console i press letter "L" so it shoud show me the jars loaded and it shows me jacob.jar, frmall.jar, frmwebutil.jar also jacob.jar is signed.

i will setup a FRD to this forms, hope it shows me what the problem is, thanks for the recommendation :)
                • 5. Re: FRM-92101 there was a failure in the forms server during startup
                  carlos cortez
                  I found a solution for this problem, using metalink's note:
                  After Applying Bundled Patch # 9593176 IndexOutOfBoundsException When Using WebUtil [ID 1233028.1
                  hope this helps others :)

Regards
                  Carlos