5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 3:45 AM by JohnGoodwin RSS

DB2 SERVER_ENCRYPT Setting

saurin m patel
      Essbase Version 11.1.2.1
      Essbase Server AIX 6.1
      DB2 Version 9.7.3
      DB2 Server AIX 6.1

One of the security requirement in our company is to turn on SERVER_ENCRYPT opt in DB2.
      Database manager authentication (AUTHENTICATION) = SERVER_ENCRYPT

Once I turn on SERVER_ENCRYPT without doing anything if I run configuration it fails with authnication method not supported.
      Once I change JDBC URL during DB configuration to add AUTHENTICATIONMETHOD\=encryptedPassword and SECURITY
      MECHANISM\=encryptedPassword I am able to configure Essbase and all other products.

But Essbase performance is very bad and get following error messages in Essbase.log file.

Sep 10, 2012 9:07:54 PM com.hyperion.hit.registry.datasource.SharedServicesDatabaseConnectionBuilder buildConnectionForUnsupportedDriver
      INFO: Security Key could not be read from reg.properties file.
      Sep 10, 2012 9:07:54 PM com.hyperion.hit.registry.datasource.SharedServicesDatabaseConnectionBuilder buildConnectionForUnsupportedDriver
      INFO: Details of the registry database connecion being returned. Complete Class name is weblogic.jdbc.db2base.ddag.

If I want to turn on DB2 SERVER_ENCRYPT what changes I have to do in Essbase for Essbase to work normally.

Saurin