4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 5:40 AM by 838228 RSS

Migration of security data(weblogic Authentication providers)

Hi All,

is there any way to migrate the weblogic custom Authentication provider settings to new weblogic Authentication provider?
      we have one OVD authenticator which is created in weblogic. we need to migrate the same settings to new weblogic domain.
      i know about migrating the default auth provider settings from one realm to another realm using wlst. but the requirement here is we want to migrate the OVD authenticatior which we using it as a external authentication need to migrate to another weblgoic domain.

Thank you
        • 1. Re: Migration of security data(weblogic Authentication providers)
          Nishith Nayan
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12839_01/core.1111/e10043/cfgauthr.htm#CHDGFIIB
          • 2. Re: Migration of security data(weblogic Authentication providers)
            Hi Nishith,

Thanks very much for your informaiton.
            The link provided by you tells the policy migraiton from file system(System-jazn) to LDAP(OID or OVD) in Domain Policy store.
            What we need is "Upon installing a new patch update to the Domain, the weblogic Authenctication providers getting deleted. Perticularly the one which we configured for External authentication(OVD Authenticator).

In our User interface we have one functionality for creating a External authenticaiotn provider(External authentication). it will create the Authentication provider in Weblogic as well as OVD. when we are updating our application with patch in the domain, the weblogic provider getting deleted.

As of now we are creating that Authentication provider manully in Weblogic. My quesiton is, is there any script(wlst) or workaroud to persist or recreate the provider?

I Hope you understand my problem.

Thank you
            • 3. Re: Migration of security data(weblogic Authentication providers)
              BikashBagaria
              You can create authentication providers via wlst, just an example : http://weblogic-wonders.com/weblogic/2009/12/25/create-active-directory-authentication-provider-from-wlst/ Just user a properties file and wrap the wlst in a py script to make it more customizable and easier.

I guess you should be able to export the custom auth provider and import it back as well. Haven't tried with custom so can;t say for sure, but worth trying though.

-Bikash
              • 4. Re: Migration of security data(weblogic Authentication providers)
                Hi Bikash,,
                Thanks for your information. i am going to write a wlst script which can import the custom authenticaion provider into one py file and export the same into domain.
                Not sure of this approach. but hope it wil resolve my problem.