This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 6 Previous Next 85 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 1:13 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Thank you Hussein!!!
  • 16. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie Hussein..

I successfully installed Oracle R12 on WinXp..with no problems in my second attempt. Everything was Green. It took 3 hours.

Now I'm stuck, I do not know how to start-up, log in to the Home page etc. I need documents about Post-installation tips and the like. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
  • 17. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Above"N"Beyond wrote:
    Hie Hussein..

I successfully installed Oracle R12 on WinXp..with no problems in my second attempt. Everything was Green. It took 3 hours.

Now I'm stuck, I do not know how to start-up, log in to the Home page etc. I need documents about Post-installation tips and the like. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Finishing Tasks
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12842/T422699i4783.htm

Managing Server Processes
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e13675/T530130T530133.htm#5274555

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 18. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Most grateful..Be blessed Hussein.
  • 19. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie Hussein..

May you enlighten me with the "Port" thing..I mean in this URL--:"http://<host name>.<domain name>:<HTTP port>/OA_HTML/AppsLogin"....How do I determine my port number..remember I am offline using the Microsoft Loopadapter...!!

Also how to I know when to use Autoconfig??

Thank you..
  • 20. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    ...continued..or is the port number 8000 standard for all offline connections???\
  • 21. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Above&amp;amp;amp;quot;N&amp;amp;amp;quot;Beyond wrote:
    Hie Hussein..

May you enlighten me with the "Port" thing..I mean in this URL--:"http://<host name>.<domain name>:<HTTP port>/OA_HTML/AppsLogin"....How do I determine my port number..remember I am offline using the Microsoft Loopadapter...!!
    8000 is the default one.
    Also how to I know when to use Autoconfig??
    Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 387859.1]
    Autoconfig FAQ [ID 218089.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 22. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie Brother Hussein.

I followed up the info you gave me..its helpful..I have some hitches though..Yesterday I logged in using the port 8000..it was all fine..but this morning as I tried to log in, it's failing..it state an HTTP error 500..I can't log in at all..How should I handle this??

Thanks
  • 23. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Hie Brother Hussein.

I followed up the info you gave me..its helpful..I have some hitches though..Yesterday I logged in using the port 8000..it was all fine..but this morning as I tried to log in, it's failing..it state an HTTP error 500..I can't log in at all..How should I handle this??

Thanks
    Please issue "adopmnctl.sh shutdown" followed by "adopmnctl.sh startall" and check then. If you still get the same error, please run AutoConfig.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 24. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie!

Thanks for your response. I have to say that I have read the staff about "adopmnctl.sh shutdown", "adopmnctl.sh startall" and "autoconfig"...but I'm still confused as to how I access and run these items. I'm still trying to comprehend the Oracle Pop up list in the start menu but I just do not have a clue.

I restarted my machine and this time when I put my URL it worked fine right straight to the home page. But I still want to know how to use autoconfig and the like.

Your help again will be appreciated.

Kind regards.
  • 25. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Hie!

Thanks for your response. I have to say that I have read the staff about "adopmnctl.sh shutdown", "adopmnctl.sh startall" and "autoconfig"...but I'm still confused as to how I access and run these items. I'm still trying to comprehend the Oracle Pop up list in the start menu but I just do not have a clue.

I restarted my machine and this time when I put my URL it worked fine right straight to the home page. But I still want to know how to use autoconfig and the like.

Your help again will be appreciated.

Kind regards.
    After you restart the server, you have to start the services (database and database listener), then the application services.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 26. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie Hussein..

Thanks for your last response..Ya last time I successfully installed R12 but it was the production install. Now I was trying to install the Vision install but now the problem is before the installation goes any far it pops up the RW 50004 error-error code received when running external processes.

All the Pre install checks were green ticks and now I do not know how to fix this. Can you help me please... any information would help.....I'm just dejected...

Thanks
    Worried!!!!
  • 27. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie Brother!!

This is one of the log files in the dbinstall log file!!

promptUserForDiskPath Oracle Applications Rapid Install - RDBMS & Disk number = 1
    Path Obtained by Instantiate File: E:\OAppsStageR12\oraDB\Disk1 & Disk number = 1
    Processing E:\OAppsStageR12\oraDB\Disk1\dbts\driver\db111.drv file

================================================================
    Processing the contents of : Disk1
    Processing the driver file : E:\OAppsStageR12\oraDB\Disk1\dbts\driver\Disk1.drv
    ----------------------------
    UNZIPPING THE DISK1 CONTENTS

RC-50208: Exception in method TimedProcessProcess.run
    Raised by oracle.apps.ad.util.TimedProcess$TimedProcessProcess: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "unzip": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    promptUserForDiskPath Oracle Applications Rapid Install - RDBMS & Disk number = 1
    Path Obtained by Instantiate File: E:\OAppsStageR12\oraDB\Disk1 & Disk number = 1

Raised by oracle.apps.ad.util.TimedProcess$TimedProcessProcess: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "unzip": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

• 28. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Here is my other log file!!!

I just took from the point it satrted to indicate errors!!

__________________________________________-

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET EC=ERRORCODE

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set CMDDIR=E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>setlocal enableextensions

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set /P unpw=""

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2 delims=/" %i in ('APPS/APPS') do set APPSUSER=%i && set APPSPASS=%j

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set APPSUSER=APPS && set APPSPASS=APPS

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>IF "5" == "1" (SET THREADS=1 ) ELSE (SET THREADS=2 )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>CD /D E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "runProcess_1"

"runProcess_1"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>REM

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>REM Setting the driver file name

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>SET DRVNAME=gdb111.drv

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>REM install 11g

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "Statusstring Installing Database Oracle Home"

"Statusstring Installing Database Oracle Home"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java -mx512M -classpath .;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar oracle.apps.ad.rapidwiz.util.InstantiateFile -e E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\VIS_alpha.xml -d E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\driver\dbts\driver\gdb111.drv -pwd no_password_here -log E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\log\VIS_alpha\dbInstall.log -nthreads 2 -verbose

Enter the location of the CD labeled Oracle Applications Rapid Install - RDBMS Disk 1 :

Checking Disk contents in - E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz
    Checking Disk contents in - E:\OAppsStageR12\oraDB\Disk1

Unzip Count:105

Processing Disk1....

RC-20200: Fatal: Could not find Unzip. At this time only Native UnZip 5.X is supported.

Please make sure you have UnZip 5.X in your path and try again...

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>if 1 == 0 goto :DBINSTALL_OK

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "Cannot execute Install for database ORACLE_HOME"

"Cannot execute Install for database ORACLE_HOME"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>if "" == "TRUE" goto :DBINSTALL_OK

RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
    RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
    Running Database Install Driver for VIS instance

Processing DriverFile = E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adridb.drv
    Running Instantiation Drivers for E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adridb.drv
    instantiate file:
    source : E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrun11g.cmd
    dest : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrun11g.cmd
    backup : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrun11g.cmd to E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\out\VIS_alpha\templbac\adrun11g.cmd
    instantiate file:
    source : E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adrundb.cmd
    dest : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrundb.cmd
    backup : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrundb.cmd to E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\out\VIS_alpha\templbac\adrundb.cmd
    Step 0 of 5

Command: E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrun11g.cmd

Processing Step 1 of 5

Executing: E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrun11g.cmd

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM $Header: adrun11g.cmd 120.11 2009/03/11 21:22:03 marderiu noship $

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM ###############################################################

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM 387859.1 for assistance.

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM ###############################################################

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('DATE /T') DO (set date=%a )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set date=Fri 01/04/2013 )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('TIME /T') DO (set time=%a )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set time=01:44 PM )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>ECHO STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 11g RDBMS : Fri 01/04/2013 01:44 PM

STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 11g RDBMS : Fri 01/04/2013 01:44 PM

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_PATH=E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_CP=.;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET XML_FILE=E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\VIS_alpha.xml

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET PATH=E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\unzip\NT;E:\WINDOWS\system32;E:\WINDOWS;E:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;e:\cygwin\bin;e:\G777\VC\bin

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>set CMDDIR=E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2 delims=/" %i in ('APPS/APPS') do set APPSUSER=%i && set APPSPASS=%j

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>IF "5" == "1" (SET THREADS=1 ) ELSE (SET THREADS=2 )

"runProcess_1"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "Statusstring Installing Database Oracle Home"

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java -mx512M -classpath .;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar oracle.apps.ad.rapidwiz.util.InstantiateFile -e E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\VIS_alpha.xml -d E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\driver\dbts\driver\gdb111.drv -pwd no_password_here -log E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\log\VIS_alpha\dbInstall.log -nthreads 2 -verbose

Enter the location of the CD labeled Oracle Applications Rapid Install - RDBMS Disk 1 :

Processing Disk1....

RC-20200: Fatal: Could not find Unzip. At this time only Native UnZip 5.X is supported.

E:\DOCUME~1\Oracle\LOCALS~1\Temp>echo "Cannot execute Install for database ORACLE_HOME"

RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.

Processing DriverFile = E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adridb.drv
    Running Instantiation Drivers for E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\template\adridb.drv
    instantiate file:
    backup : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrun11g.cmd to E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\out\VIS_alpha\templbac\adrun11g0.cmd
    instantiate file:
    backup : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrundb.cmd to E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\out\VIS_alpha\templbac\adrundb0.cmd
    Step 0 of 5

Processing Step 1 of 5

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM $Header: adrun11g.cmd 120.11 2009/03/11 21:22:03 marderiu noship $

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>REM able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('DATE /T') DO (set date=%a )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>FOR /F "delims==" %a IN ('TIME /T') DO (set time=%a )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set time=01:52 PM )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>ECHO STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 11g RDBMS : Fri 01/04/2013 01:52 PM

STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 11g RDBMS : Fri 01/04/2013 01:52 PM

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_PATH=E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jre\NT\1.6.0\bin\java

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET JRE_CP=.;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\java;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\xmlparserv2.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\ojdbc14.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\OraInstaller.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\ewt3.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\share.jar;E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\jlib\oui\srvm.jar

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET XML_FILE=E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\VIS_alpha.xml

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>SET PATH=E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz\unzip\NT;E:\WINDOWS\system32;E:\WINDOWS;E:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;e:\cygwin\bin;e:\G777\VC\bin

"runProcess_1"

Processing Disk1....

instantiate file:
    backup : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrun11g.cmd to E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\out\VIS_alpha\templbac\adrun11g1.cmd
    instantiate file:
    backup : E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\temp\VIS_alpha\adrundb.cmd to E:\OAppsStageR12\VIS\db\tech_st\11.1.0\appsutil\out\VIS_alpha\templbac\adrundb1.cmd
    Step 0 of 5

Processing Step 1 of 5

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>(set time=01:52 PM )

E:\OAppsStageR12\startCD\Disk1\rapidwiz>ECHO STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 11g RDBMS : Fri 01/04/2013 01:52 PM

STARTED INSTALL PHASE : 11g RDBMS : Fri 01/04/2013 01:52 PM

"runProcess_1"

Processing Disk1....

• 29. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation

Looks like unzip is missing or you are not using the correct version.

Please run md5sum as per (MD5 Checksums for R12.1.1 Rapid Install Media [ID 802195.1]) to verify the integrity of the stage area directory before you start the installer.

Thanks,
    Hussein
1 2 3 4 6 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points