This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 6:08 AM by 981040 RSS

Contents of 1z0-051 exam in all-in-one book?

981040 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,

I am new at this community and I am thinking off doing de OCA exam. For this reason I have recently bought the "oca/ocp oracle database 11g all-in-one exam guide" but I don't know which part refers to de SQL Fundamentals (1z0-051). It is possble to know what chapters refers to each exam 1Z0-051, 1Z0-052, 1Z0-053 ? Maybe it is a foolish question but I have been looking for the answer unsuccessfully for hours.

Thank you very much in advance,

Ferran
  • 1. Re: Contents of 1z0-051 exam in all-in-one book?
    bigdelboy Pro
    978037 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

I am new at this community and I am thinking off doing de OCA exam. For this reason I have recently bought the "oca/ocp oracle database 11g all-in-one exam guide" but I don't know which part refers to de SQL Fundamentals (1z0-051). It is possble to know what chapters refers to each exam 1Z0-051, 1Z0-052, 1Z0-053 ? Maybe it is a foolish question but I have been looking for the answer unsuccessfully for hours.

Thank you very much in advance,

Ferran
    Welcome.

It is really important to find the authorative source for the exam topics:

Goto:

http://certification.oracle.com

.... and look up those exams and their associated topics there. Exam topics can sometimes change after books are published, so it is important to double check on Oracle's Website.

I've not looked at that combined guide myself, but the first part will realate to the SQL topics of 1z0-051. The switch to the database archecture of part 2 should be obvious. The chapters tend to align well with the topics on the exam website.

Edited by: bigdelboy on 20-Dec-2012 06:42 re: but the first part will realate to the SQL topics of 1z0-051 .... okay I can see from Matthews answer below it doesn't ... well teaches me not to guess!
  • 2. Re: Contents of 1z0-051 exam in all-in-one book?
    matthew_morris Expert
    but I don't know which part refers to de SQL Fundamentals (1z0-051).
    It is possble to know what chapters refers to each exam 1Z0-051, 1Z0-052, 1Z0-053 ?
    I assume you are referring to the Oracle Press book byJohn Watson, Roopesh Ramklass, and Bob Bryla.
    Looking at the Table of Contents, the books is broken into three parts.

Part 1: Oracle Database 11g Administration -- Chapters 1-6 (1Z0-052)

Part II: SQL -- Chapters 7-13 (1Z0-051)

Part III: Advanced Database Administration -- Chapters 14-27 (1Z0-053)
  • 3. Re: Contents of 1z0-051 exam in all-in-one book?
    981040 Newbie
    Thank you very much for your quick answers! Much clear now, bye!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points