This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 8:53 PM by Prabodh RSS

APEX 4.2 Restful webservice Internal Server Error

941738 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi folks,

When I make a RESTful webservice on the Oracle Cloud with a PUT,POST or DELETE method, the test results is always the same error: "500 - Internal Server Error".
The GET method causes no problems and gives me the value in JSON format.

Can anyone help me because I can't find an Oracle example with one of these methods?

Edited by: 938735 on 7-dec-2012 1:57
  • 1. Re: APEX 4.2 Restful webservice Internal Server Error
    Eng.AkthamNassar Newbie
    I have similar issue when testing RESTful Service in apex.oracle sample application

Module Name: oracle.example.hr

When testing any GET handler, i receive the message:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Failure of server APACHE bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any one have idea?

Thanks,
    Aktham
  • 2. Re: APEX 4.2 Restful webservice Internal Server Error
    979072 Newbie
    I have the similar issue Aktham

Edited by: zaben on Dec 20, 2012 5:56 AM
  • 3. Re: APEX 4.2 Restful webservice Internal Server Error
    Prabodh Guru
    Hi *938735* ,
    When I make a RESTful webservice on the Oracle Cloud with a PUT,POST or DELETE method, the test results is always the same error: "500 - Internal Server Error".
    The GET method causes no problems and gives me the value in JSON format.

Can anyone help me because I can't find an Oracle example with one of these methods?>
    What you are observing is by design and documented. GET is the only method supported.

Returning the Result Set in CSV Format (empinfo/) says:
    >
    7. Make the following selections and entries:

Source Type - Select Query. Executes a SQL Query and transforms the result set into either a JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) or CSV representation, depending on the format selected. <b>This option is only available when the HTTP method GET has been selected</b>

>

Cheers,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points