2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 8:30 AM by enzo_rio RSS

database connectivity...?

VISHNU_95
      Hi All,

I have 2 files in my JBOSS server, i.e atg-oracle-ds.xml & atg-solid-ds.xml containing database connection information.. If i want to choose oracle instead solid database to connect to.. then where i need to modify in the application so that my application uses Oracle database instead of Solid Database...?

Thanks in Advance,
      VishnuVardhan Bovilla
        • 1. Re: database connectivity...?
          Gopinath Ramasamy
          Hi,

The DB details to be used are specified in your <YOUR_CONFIG_PATH>/atg/dynamo/service/ConnectionPool.properties.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
          Gopinath Ramasamy
          • 2. Re: database connectivity...?
            enzo_rio
            @Vishnu,

Your JBoss folder you cannot have two -ds.xml files , jboss will throw errors. If u have decided to use Oracle , u need to have only atg-oracle-ds.xml in ur JBoss deploy folder.

U need to configure your DataSources that will have JNDI names that map to your atg-oracle-ds.xml file JNDIName.

In your config folder /atg/dynamo/service/jdbc should contain DirectJTDataSource.properties,JTDataSource.properties,SwitchingDataSourceA.properties,SwitchingDataSourceB.properties

Each of the above datasource files should contain with appropriate JNDINames, below is the example for DirectJTDataSource.properties

#Properties File created by CIM
            #Fri Jun 15 00:23:58 IST 2012
            JNDIName=java:/ATGProductionDS
            $class=atg.nucleus.JNDIReference

Regards