3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 3:38 AM by Jim Smith RSS

sql developer debugging

I have a function in the hr schema called function1. It runs just fine but when I go to debug it I get:
      "The target function1 cannot be started because it is not a runnable target."

Same thing happens for package function or procedure code too.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I am running sql developer 3.2.09 on Ubuntu Linux.
        • 1. Re: sql developer debugging
          Jim Smith
          Can you give more detail on what steps you are following to try to debug?

Are you connected as the owner of the function/package?
          • 2. Re: sql developer debugging
            I am using sqldeveloper to compile for debug, then click debug. hr is the owner of the function. I think the error is because of the follwing errors <i get when starting up sqldeveloper.

Exception initializing 'oracle.dbtools.raptor.plsql.PLSQLAddin' in extension 'Oracle SQL Developer': java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jdi/Bootstrap
                 at oracle.jdevimpl.debugger.jdi.DebugJDIConnector.getVersion(DebugJDIConnector.java:30)
                 at oracle.jdevimpl.debugger.support.DebugFactory.<clinit>(DebugFactory.java:81)
                 at oracle.dbtools.raptor.plsql.PLSQLAddin.initialize(PLSQLAddin.java:96)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.extension.AddinManagerImpl.initializeAddin(AddinManagerImpl.java:407)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.extension.AddinManagerImpl.initializeAddins(AddinManagerImpl.java:214)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.extension.AddinManagerImpl.initProductAndUserAddins(AddinManagerImpl.java:128)
                 at oracle.ide.IdeCore.initProductAndUserAddins(IdeCore.java:1941)
                 at oracle.ide.IdeCore.startupImpl(IdeCore.java:1565)
                 at oracle.ide.Ide.startup(Ide.java:703)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.DefaultIdeStarter.startIde(DefaultIdeStarter.java:35)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.Main.start(Main.java:184)
                 at oracle.ideimpl.Main.main(Main.java:146)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.callMain(PCLMain.java:62)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.PCLMain.main(PCLMain.java:54)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                 at oracle.classloader.util.MainClass.invoke(MainClass.java:128)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.bootClassLoadersAndMain(IdeLauncher.java:189)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.launchImpl(IdeLauncher.java:89)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.launch(IdeLauncher.java:65)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.IdeLauncher.main(IdeLauncher.java:54)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.invokeMain(Launcher.java:713)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.launchImpl(Launcher.java:115)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:68)
                 at oracle.ide.boot.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:57)
            Caused by: oracle.classloader.util.AnnotatedClassNotFoundException:

Missing class: com.sun.jdi.Bootstrap

Dependent class: oracle.jdevimpl.debugger.jdi.DebugJDIConnector
                 Loader: ide-global:11.1.1.0.0
                 Code-Source: /opt/sqldeveloper/jdev/extensions/oracle.jdeveloper.runner.jar
                 Configuration: extension jar in /opt/sqldeveloper/jdev/extensions

This load was initiated at ide-global:11.1.1.0.0 using the loadClass() method.

The missing class is not available from any code-source or loader in the system.
                 at oracle.classloader.PolicyClassLoader.handleClassNotFound(PolicyClassLoader.java:2190)
                 at oracle.classloader.PolicyClassLoader.internalLoadClass(PolicyClassLoader.java:1733)
                 at oracle.classloader.PolicyClassLoader.access$000(PolicyClassLoader.java:143)
                 at oracle.classloader.PolicyClassLoader$LoadClassAction.run(PolicyClassLoader.java:331)
                 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                 at oracle.classloader.PolicyClassLoader.loadClass(PolicyClassLoader.java:1692)
                 at oracle.classloader.PolicyClassLoader.loadClass(PolicyClassLoader.java:1674)
                 ... 35 more
            • 3. Re: sql developer debugging
              Jim Smith
              Looks as if you have a corrupt installation. Try reinstalling, ensuring that you unzip into an EMPTY directory.