11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2012 1:44 PM by 864103 RSS

table problem

Hi support ,
      we have an issue here , we have 2 nodes (medi01,medi02) when we try to execute query
      on node 1 it's take more time and then there is no result but the same query on node 2 it running fast after killing first one ,
      any query that access CALLING table on node 1 it failed but it is normal execution on node 2.

thanks
        • 1. Re: table problem
          sb92075
          861100 wrote:
          Hi support ,
          we have an issue here , we have 2 nodes (medi01,medi02) when we try to execute query
          on node 1 it's take more time and then there is no result but the same query on node 2 it running fast after killing first one ,
          any query that access CALLING table on node 1 it failed but it is normal execution on node 2.

thanks
          my white car fails to go, but my blue car goes.
          Tell me how to make my white car go.

How do I ask a question on the forums?
          SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
          • 2. Re: table problem
            okay , so please if you really want to help me tell me exactly what you need to know???
            • 3. Re: table problem
              sb92075
              How do I ask a question on the forums?
              SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
              • 4. Re: table problem
                okay , oracle 11g.2 asm with rac under rhel 5 2 nodes rac
                select  * from(
                    select  CALLINGPARTYNUMBER,CALLEDPARTYNUMBER,CALLSTARTTIME,
                     CALLSTOPTIME,CALLDURATION,CALLCOST,BALANCEBEFORECALL,
                    BONUSCOST,BONUSBALANCEBEFORE
                    from    med_view.VU_EPPC_CALLING_DATA
                    where   CALLINGPARTYNUMBER in ('07480601376','007480601376','0096407480601376','+96407481416396')
                    order by CALLSTARTTIME desc)
                   where  rownum <= 50

please tell me if you need more ...
                • 5. Re: table problem
                  now you are not answer my question ...
                  • 6. Re: table problem
                    Niket Kumar
                    this is not possible....

query must give same result on both rac nodes....
                    check whether you are running query with same user or not.
                    • 7. Re: table problem
                      yes you are right must be same , but i don't know why when i execute the query on this table specily it not same please see the below :

i run this query on sys user but believe me it not same before 2 hours now both nodes hanging but earlier this query take
                      5 second but now i don't now why it's hanging , also i create user test and grant select on this table it take more time anything
                      i will try it on this table it hanging other table under the owner user of this table i can run everything i want , but be informed i just do
                      compute statistcs and then the connection in disconnected this is under node1 and i connected again i face this problem when i run query
                      but i try it on node 2 it's fine and execution time is faster , this is from saturday but today i just crontab script that compute statistcs
                      from 3 pm now it 11 pm till now it's not complete may be this is the problems .....
                      • 8. Re: table problem
                        also when i try to grant select on this table it's take more time and when i run explain plan for this query
                        it take more time and without result ...please advice ...
                        • 9. Re: table problem
                          finally i solve it...thanks
                          • 10. Re: table problem
                            EdStevens
                            861100 wrote:
                            finally i solve it...thanks
                            Care to share what you discovered?
                            • 11. Re: table problem
                              okay , first i have query this query take time to return the result 18 second , i see the ececution plan for this query
                              oracle estimated rows return by this query is 23000 but actual data that return is 2200 and i see the last_analyzed of this table is null
                              so i just plan to gather statistcs on this table vie dba_packages but this take more time and then the vpn is disconnect
                              and i try more time and also disonnected last the developer team call me he said the app not work (app depend on this query) and
                              he used ip address on one nodes not SCAN ip i try to explan plan for the query again but it's take more time and i create user and just try to grant on this table
                              also take more time but the funny part when i connect to second node the same query it executed with 3 second so i just make script and exec vie crontab
                              to gather statistics vie dbms_packages and now the query it work by both nodes ...

but till now i don't know the root causes of this problem also i open a ticket with oracle and there is no response...