This content has been marked as final. Show 15 replies
Did you perform an upgrade from previous release?
No - We do not have a previous release of Calc Man. We are moving from 9.3.3 to 22.214.171.124.
Did you check this documents -
Check this document on Oracle Support --
How to Migrate Business Rules from System 9 to CalcManager 11.1.x [ID 1098273.1]
Please mark answers as helpful or correct for others to find them easily
None of the documents show a direct process to export/import to 126.96.36.199..All of them have info about moving HBR 11.1x to calaman but the KB article has a workaround.
I need 11.1.1x installed somewhere to try that process. i will try to install 11.1x and will you post my results.
Before I start the process to intall 11.1X I just want to confirm this..
Is there no Direct upgrade/migrate process for HBR 9.3.3 to CalcMan 188.8.131.52 ?
Yes, there is the process for upgrade from 9.3.3 - you should read the upgrade documentation for 184.108.40.206.0 release:
I have read the documents already and I was not able to figure out a straight forward process to go from 9.3.3 HBR to Calc Man 220.127.116.11
The upgrade only talks about 18.104.22.168+. So my bet would be to upgrade 9.3.3 to 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 and to 188.8.131.52.1 person found this helpful
But make sure that your 184.108.40.206 environment has the latest calc manager and planning patches applied.
You need to perform the following steps. The steps are simple.
1. Export rules in HBR of 9.3.3. Rules along with dependents,complete repository should be exported.
2. In your 220.127.116.11, create the following folder structure EPMData/planning under Oracle/Middleware
3. Rename the XML you exported in HBR 9.3.3. to HBRRules.xml
4. Navigate to calc manager, expand planning node to see the application. (You see the application only if it has been upgraded)
5. Right click on the application and prefer migrate. The rules should get into calc manager.
6. Deploy the rules to Planning.
7. In Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem1/Planning/planning1 folder, there is a security migration utility. HBRMigrateSecurity.sh/cmd. Run the utility with appropriate parameters.
The following things need to be taken care:
1. In 9.3.3 HBR make sure that the locations is absolute location. All location would not work.
2. Make sure that your HSS has been upgraded to 18.104.22.168. If it has not been upgraded, and if you have manually created users and groups in 22.214.171.124, then security would not be migrated.
Thank you for the reply Krishnan.
I tried as per your suggestions with some exceptions. I still get the same error.
1)I exported one rule with dependents and names it HBRRules.xml. I am not sure what you meant by "Complete repository"
2)I created EPMData on my windows machine where I have 126.96.36.199 Shareservices,planning etc. Essbase is on a UNIX machine.
4)I see the app under Planning node in Calc manager
5)When I click Migrate it says pick a cube to migrate?? I want to import and not migrate anything from 188.8.131.52. So i selected import. It failed with the same error that there is nothing in the xml file to import.
I made sure that 9.3.3 rule that I exported has absolute locations and not all locations.
Still no luck.
Thank you Sree for you reply. I cannot upgrade the 9.3.3 to anything as it is a production instance. We are moving to different servers and will swap out after everything is confirmed that it is working.
So I was looking for migration process. It looks like there is no direct process to migrate 9.3.3 to 184.108.40.206
I read a KB article to migrate 9.3.3 to 220.127.116.11 - I can try that but it is very tough to install and configure 18.104.22.168 just for rules migrations. So I wanted to be absolutely sure before I start 22.214.171.124 install. Or may be I will just create all rules in calc manager (copy/paste).
Edited by: pat2 on Dec 27, 2012 11:10 AM
Why are you trying to import in calc manager? Your export is in HBR format and calc manager expects import XML in Calc Manager format. You just provide the default plantype in the migrate dialog and prefer migrate. It should bring in the rules.
Do not try to import the XML. Its in HBR XML format.
You should be able to bring in rules from 9.3.3 to 126.96.36.199.
If your issue is not resolved, please raise an SR and we can get on a call to resolve this.