4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 12:01 AM by XeM RSS

Validation Problem

MST
      Hi,

I have two blocks like maste and detail.
      In some filed of master i added mandatory filed validation like below.
      -----
      IF :BLOCK.ITEM IS NULL THEN
      MESSAGE('Must be entered');
      MESSAGE('Must be entered',NO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
      RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
      END IF;
      -----
      While saving these validations firing. But my problem is without entering these details when i go to detail block these validations not firing. This problem is coming only for some forms which i developed new. For old forms when i go to detail block without entering the master block filed it is giving message. For this need to set any setting.

Please do the needful. I am new to Oracle Forms
        • 1. Re: Validation Problem
          yoonas
          Hi,

If its a master detail form and you don't want masterless operation to happen, set the masterless operation property from the relation properties.

Regards
          Yoonas
          • 2. Re: Validation Problem
            Andreas Weiden
            In what trigger dod you put that validation.

If its WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM, forms won't invoke the validation if you did not enter anything in the field. Why don't you use the standard validation and set the field to required? Then there is no need for your trigger.
            • 3. Re: Validation Problem
              Srikkanth.M
              Hi,

Can you please tell whether did u put these codes,Try to create a when_validate_item in every item and put the validation code in the triggers.

regards
              Sri
              • 4. Re: Validation Problem
                XeM
                If you want to user must input a value in your item then set the required property of that item to yes. If your looking for something else you can use when-validate-item trigger on that item. If you want execute some after or before navigation to other block use when-new-block instance trigger.