4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 12:08 AM by yoonas RSS

ora-12154:TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified

user7197586
      Helo

I face this error when i tried to connect to the database.

i have been installed 11g database on machine with database name 'hrall'

But when i tried to connect to the database it's shows me error "ora-12154:TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

when i put the old database entry an that machine and try ti connect it's connect Successfully.

Kindly Suggest

Regards,
      Sachin
        • 1. Re: ora-12154:TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified
          yoonas
          Hi,

Please provide more info like os, the tool you are using to connect,ect..

see https://blogs.oracle.com/shay/entry/10_commandments_for_the_otn_fo

You are trying to connect rom same machine or from a remote machine?

If you are trying to connect from remote pc for the new installation , please add the new entry in trnsnames.ora for your new database.

Please post the output of "lsnrctl status" and the content of tnsames.ora file

Regards
          Yoonas
          • 2. Re: ora-12154:TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified
            vansul
            the problem is with connection identifier
            like if i connect hr/hr@orcldb then orcldb should have an entry in the tnsnames.ora file available in the network admin folder
            • 3. Re: ora-12154:TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified
              user7197586
              Hi Error not solved yet

i am giving you my system details as follow -

OS Name :     Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition

System Type: x64-based PC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              My tnsentry also right

posted as follow -

HRALL.voltasworld.com =
              (DESCRIPTION =
              (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ps-win-hrall.voltasworld.com)(PORT = 1521))
              (CONNECT_DATA =
              (SERVER = DEDICATED)
              (SERVICE_NAME = hrall)
              )
              )
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

listener.ora file

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: F:\app\dbadmin\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora
              # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
              (SID_LIST =
              (SID_DESC =
              (SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)
              (ORACLE_HOME = F:\app\dbadmin\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1)
              (PROGRAM = extproc)
              (ENVS = "EXTPROC_DLLS=ONLY:F:\app\dbadmin\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\oraclr11.dll")
              )
              )

LISTENER =
              (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
              (DESCRIPTION =
              (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
              (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ps-win-hrall.voltasworld.com)(PORT = 1521))
              )
              )

ADR_BASE_LISTENER = F:\app\dbadmin

-----------------------------

Kindly Suggest

Regards
              Sachin
              • 4. Re: ora-12154:TNS:Could not resolve the connect identifier specified
                yoonas
                Hi,

Are you trying to connect from the same machine or from a remote?
                open a command prompt and enter 'lsnrct status', post the output here

Regards
                Yoonas