7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 6:05 AM by N_i_R_v_A_n_A RSS

concat

Hi,

i want to insert concatenated String, in a column cstm_4_tx from table customer upto 9th places how can i insert.
        • 1. Re: concat
          N_i_R_v_A_n_A
          table scripts and required output please..... :)

We use the pipe operator for concatenation:

insert into table(col1) as (select col1||col2||col3 from another_table)

provide proper scripts so that we can provide you with proper answers.
          • 2. Re: concat
            i have the table name customer.

and column name is : cstm_4_tx.

and i have to insert any concatenated string in the column cstm_4_tx.

like 'private gold'||'gold member'||'bearer'

Edited by: 945059 on Dec 26, 2012 3:44 AM
            • 3. Re: concat
              N_i_R_v_A_n_A
              insert into customer(cstm_4_tx) values ('abc'||'cde'||'gef');
              Is that what you want????your requirements are not clear ....

And if by upto 9 places you mean the no of string values you can concatenate, that would completely depend on the column size of the cstm_4_tx column......
              • 4. Re: concat
                Karthick_Arp
                945059 wrote:
                Hi,

i want to insert concatenated String, in a column cstm_4_tx from table customer upto 9th places how can i insert.
                What do you mean by upto 9th Place? I would suggest you read {message:id=9360002}
                • 5. Re: concat
                  i have lots of columns but i want to insert into cstm_4_tx column only.

i have columns like: cstm_2_tx, cstm_1_tx, acct_intrl_id....etc.

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: concat
                    Jairam
                    Hi,

Clearly mention about your insert requirement., What kind of values you want to insert? Do you want to do simple insert or any conditional insert?? What is the problem you are having in the simple insert statement??

Regards,
                    Jai.
                    • 7. Re: concat
                      N_i_R_v_A_n_A
                      As shown in the above code the insert code will insert only into the cstm_4_tx column , all the other columns will have NULL.