This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 11:55 AM by bigdelboy RSS

OCP in developer track

981701 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I want to go for OCP in developer track.

So I want to know how many exams i need to clear..????

For OCA

And

For OCP.

Thanks

Regards

Satish
  • 1. Re: OCP in developer track
    bigdelboy Pro
    978698 wrote:
    Hi All,

I want to go for OCP in developer track.

So I want to know how many exams i need to clear..????

For OCA

And

For OCP.

Thanks

Regards

Satish
    This information is available at http://certification.oracle.com ; and the variety of options and other information is there. I recommend a visit and a thorough browse.

My personal suggestion for your journey is 1z0-051+1z0-044 to get PLSQL OCA then 1z0-046 to upgrade to PLSQL OCP. For alternative options to PL/SQL OCA see the link above.
  • 2. Re: OCP in developer track
    981701 Newbie
    HI

I would like to ask if i want to go for forms and report development then for OCA only which exams i need to pass.

and what if i selects 9i (1Z0-007 Introduction to Oracle9i SQL® ) or 10g (1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL) versions to go for exams.

So Please mention clearly the benefit of giving exams for a new version like 11g.

Thanks

Regards

Satish

Edited by: 978698 on Dec 26, 2012 5:43 AM
  • 3. Re: OCP in developer track
    bigdelboy Pro
    978698 wrote:
    HI

I would like to ask if i want to go for forms and report development then for OCA only which exams i need to pass.
    Hopefully exploration of the above link would be beneficial in answering this for yourself.

There is no certification exam for Reports.

Forms Certification is obtained by achieving PL/SQL OCA and taking a relevant forms exam to achieve Forms OCP.

>
    and what if i selects 9i (1Z0-007 Introduction to Oracle9i SQL® ) or 10g (1Z0-147 Program with PL/SQL) versions to go for exams.

So Please mention clearly the benefit of giving exams for a new version like 11g.
    What follows should be taken as IMHO.  It is your time/money/expense to choose as you will.

If you take older version exams then you have not demonstrated initiative to to study using more modern exams with more relevant topics taking on board more recent features.

Hopefully as Pearson has is already identified one Oracle DBMS 12c exam (1z1-060) in its offerings (not currenty bookable I may add); and as 12c RDBMS is on the soon to be in production in 2013; and because of the indicator of ISBN-13: 978-0071820288 ....... 1z0-147 and 1z0-007 should finally be retired in 2013, IMHO not before time.

( 1z0-147 is more 9i (or 8i) than 10g ... in fact possibly inappropriate for 10g )
    Thanks

Regards

Satish

Edited by: 978698 on Dec 26, 2012 5:43 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points