This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 2:08 PM by anjhawar - oracle RSS

how to configure weblogic 11g on windows server 2008 to run form and report

978623 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, i am an intern and I have a oracle project i need desperate help with. I am trying to run Oracle forms and reports 11g on a windows server 2008 64 bit operating system. I already downloaded oracle weblogic server 11g. installed it first. then i stopped the nod manager service before i installed forms and reports. i did not configure the weblogic server or F&R. i am sorry, i am new to this.

My task is to install and configure a test server to use oracle forms and reports. This is a project to to replace another server with a much older version of oracle on it to thiis. I am told not to create a domain. Just want the use of forms and reports. When trying to configure the forms and report, at the end it says configuration failed at first step (creating domain). i reinstalled everything and now i am trying to find the correct way to config all of this to work.

I would like to know,
Do i have to configure the weblogic server to use forms and reports?
Do i have to create a domain?
Can i run forms and reports on the server that is in a domain already? If so how do i go about doin that?
Do i have to create a domain with forms and/or reports?
can i just extend it to the domain that the server is one?

can someone help please. i have been looking throuh threads fo r a couple days and its either that i dont find anything or they are not specific to what i need.

i follwed the instructions on oracle furoms and then i tryed this installion in this order. http://oracleformsinfo.wordpress.com/2012/03/04/11gshoppinglist/

Edited by: 975620 on Dec 26, 2012 11:17 AM
  • 1. Re: how to configure weblogic 11g on windows server 2008 to run form and report
    anjhawar - oracle Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Comments inline:

Do i have to configure the weblogic server to use forms and reports?
    With FMW 11G, yes you need to have WLS for forms and reports. As per the FMW stack, WLS is the baseline application server.
    Do i have to create a domain?
    Domain in WLS/FMW is basic administrative unit of WebLogic Server. To use WLS instances you need to create the domain first.
    Can i run forms and reports on the server that is in a domain already? If so how do i go about doin that?
    I think you can try to extend an existing domain and use the template for forms and reports. You might need to read the installation guide for exact details.
    Do i have to create a domain with forms and/or reports?
    Yes, you need to have a domain which comprises of libraries required for forms and reports installation.
    I think you should consider creating individual nodes for forms and reports.

HTH,
    AJ

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points