i have one requirement.
i am giving the example below.my 2 columns data like below
i want to give Column1 as a dashboard prompt and users will enter A,B,...(what are all in the column1).
what i want is, in the dashboard prompt i want less that value passes in the dashboard prompt.
Ex: if i enter the D in the dashboard prompt, i want to display less that corresponding value to the D in the column 2.
in this case it should return, A,B,C from column A.
PLease suggest me how can i achieve this.
Thanks in adv.
Edited by: user12255470 on Dec 26, 2012 6:36 PM
Yeah I was wrong that may not help.. but can you try something like the below link
One of the query is by Presentation variable and your condition is taken care in where clause..
If you are using 11g then try this
Let you know if I get other option..
Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Dec 26, 2012 9:12 PM
is there any thing i can do it in presentation services? since its already migrated to prod and i can't change anything in RPD.
Suggest me if you have any other options available?
Edited by: user12255470 on Dec 26, 2012 7:20 PM
Here is the solution.
1.Create a dashboard prompt and Put columnA and assgn it to a presentation variable say 'VAR_1'.
2.Now create one more dashboard prompt select SQL result in choice list .and enter logical sql like
FROM tab_name where
columnB < (
WHERE columnA= 'VAR_1')
3. put both in a dashboard and check whether the logic is working if you select D in first dashboard prompt and apply, you should get only A,B,C option in the second prompt.
4. Edit your main dashboard . put Dasgboard prompt1 in one section save.
5. Inside Edit dashboard only click on Dashboard Property (nest to preview button), you can see all the pages.
6. now select your page and click on 'select prompt...' (prompt symbol next to Rename) . Browse your second prompt and click ok,ok.
7. save the dashboard. Now it should work.
BEST OF LUCK.
ping back if you have any doubt
Mark if correct/helpfull