1) What is the IDE that one can use to develop and test a plug-in before deployment? I noticed the support for Adobe Flex/Flash. Is Flexbuilder the only choice?
2) In the samples I noticed the following file structure:
html-template/ mpcui/ scripts/ stage/
Should this be the file structure we should follow in our projects? I noted that stage/ matches plugin_stage as mentioned in the programmers reference guide. I did not see anything one how one would wrap the surrounding pieces to the "plugin_stage" structure.
3) Is there a way to test before deploying to EM?
Edited by: user13314079 on Dec 11, 2012 4:04 PM
4) Packaging Java. Lets say I wanted to run a Java POJO (Plain Old Java Object) through a job or by other means. Would I need to expose the POJO through a script? Or could the job handle running a POJO?
Edited by: user13314079 on Dec 11, 2012 4:22 PM
1. IDE is up to you. Flexbuilder will be required if you are going to do a lot of work with flex UI. Besides Flex, EM plug-ins require a lot of XML editing, so a good XML editor is highly recommended.
2. Yes, we require a specific folder structure. This is covered in the documentation.
3. 'empdk validate_plugin' will validate the integrity of the metadata, but to test the plug-in you have to deploy it to EM and start using it.
4. Java artifacts can only be included on the agent side. So you can call jars or classes from jobs or from fetchlets.