This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 3:21 AM by WimDeGroot RSS

How to add a row-selector to an existing SQL Query (updatable report)

WimDeGroot Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I screwed up an extensive updatable report in Apex 4.2 region by one time indicating the page may be parsed at run time.
After setting this back (to validate query) a lot of the columns setting were gone, and also the row-selector

I actually don't kno how to simply add this row-selector back into place.
Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot

Wim
  • 1. Re: How to add a row-selector to an existing SQL Query (updatable report)
    Earl Lewis Journeyer
    Wim,
    >
    Hi,
    I screwed up an extensive updatable report in Apex 4.2 region by one time indicating the page may be parsed at run time.
    After setting this back (to validate query) a lot of the columns setting were gone, and also the row-selector

I actually don't kno how to simply add this row-selector back into place.
    Anyone who can point me in the right direction?
    Have you been able to recover all your other configuration and this is the last thing you need to fix? Or are all those other things needing to be fixed as well?

The reason I ask is that you may want to consider just starting from scratch, if you haven't put lots of effort into recovering everything else just yet.

On the other hand, if you just want to add a checkbox back into the SQL statement then you can add this, substituting your column name for empno of course:
    APEX_ITEM.CHECKBOX2(1,empno,'CHECKED') "Select"
    When you do this you'll get a warning that you're changing the interactive report, which you should accept. Then you need to make sure that the column is actually shown in the interactive report by making sure it's in the displayed columns list. And you may also need to change the display type of the column to "Standard Report Column"

Hope that helps.

Earl
  • 2. Re: How to add a row-selector to an existing SQL Query (updatable report)
    Earl Lewis Journeyer
    Ugh. I just re-read this post and I missed the "updatable report" part of your post somehow. Doh! Sorry if what I've said is not entirely accurate for your case. I was thinking interactive report the whole time.

I've had the same question in the past, for updatable reports, and don't see any way that the Apex builder provides to do this after the fact. So what I've posted could actually work. The trick will be sorting out the index number of the column that you will need to use to make sure row processing works correctly.

All the other updatable items will have an index number assigned to them in the HTML source code and you need to make sure those stay unique in order for processing to function correctly. The item index numbers are named like this: name="f01". Make sure the index number you use in your select statement isn't the same as any of those already in your page.

Earl
  • 3. Re: How to add a row-selector to an existing SQL Query (updatable report)
    WimDeGroot Newbie
    Thanks Earl,

You especially triggered me to indeed redo the work.

I nowadays (by hard learned lessons like these) started a habit of daily backups...
    but the one that I needed here failed to reimport.
    I now extended my habit by not only backing up but even testing te restall...

Thanks again

Cheers
    Wim

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points