3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 8:24 AM by HakanBiroglu RSS

How to install Campus Solution 9.0 into existing HCM 9.1 ?

Hi All,

I just completed HCM 9.1 on Tools 8.52.11 on windows 2008 R2 (on virtuallbox)

I now have to research the Campus solution 9.0.
      I have downloaded all the files from edelivery for HR & Campus Solution 9.0.

My first thought was to do fresh install for the Campus Solution 9.0 since my current HCM is 9.1 which is higher than the HR & Campus Solution 9.0.
      However, that would meant I need to reinstall the tools, apps, webs and others.

Can I re-use existing environment? only setup the application on top of current tools, apps server, web server, etc?

Anybody has done this before? what are the steps and highlights to be aware of?

Thanks,
      HS
        • 1. Re: How to install Campus Solution 9.0 into existing HCM 9.1 ?
          HakanBiroglu
          >
          Can I re-use existing environment? only setup the application on top of current tools, apps server, web server, etc?
          >

Yes, you can.
          Campus 9.0 is also certified on PeopleTools 8.52(.11).
          You can reuse the webserver by creating a new PIA or extending the PIA with an additional site on the current Weblogic ? installation
          You can reuse the PS_HOME.
          You can reuse the PS_CFG_HOME.

Al you need to do is download Campus 9.0, install it in a Campus PS_APP_HOME, create db instance, PIA, Appserv, Prcs, etc.
          Actually it is the same procedure as you would follow when you install another application like FSCM or CRM, besides your HCM installation.

Hakan
          • 2. Re: How to install Campus Solution 9.0 into existing HCM 9.1 ?
            user10594123
            I am little confused,

Let take ste by step ....

1) Install HCM 9.1 with PT 8.52 and DB instance name ABC. Path of PS_HOME=d:\psoft

2) Now, you are asking to create new DB instance name CDE.

Download and run Campus Solution 9.0 on existing PS_HOME=d:\psoft

3) use existing web server and appserver to create PIA and Appserver domain .....
            • 3. Re: How to install Campus Solution 9.0 into existing HCM 9.1 ?
              HakanBiroglu
              I think the answer you are looking for is if you can install Campus in HCM 9.1.

Answer is no.

HRMS 9.0 and Campus 9.0 where bundeld as one product/installation.
              HRMS was split in 9.1 and renamed to HCM, becoming an installion on it own.

So you have to run Campus besides HCM not within, you have to do a seperate installation of Campus.
              But you can resuse the PeopleTools components like Weblogic, Appserver, Prcs to create these components for the Campus DB instance.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Hakan.