This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 12:16 AM by Saro RSS

Problem with Informatica Service

Saro Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi friends,

When i started the informatica service in services.msc, the service is starting and after 15 seconds it is stopping automatically.

I checked in the node.log and exceptions.log and the below is the error message.

Node.log
2012-12-27 12:24:26,765 ERROR [Master Elect Data Writer] [DOM_10162] Cannot update the data for the master gateway. The domain configuration repository database may not be available. Verify that the database is available.
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [informatica][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 172.16.5.3:1521. Reason: Connection refused: connect
2012-12-27 12:24:46,890 ERROR [Master Elect Data Writer] [DOM_10162] Cannot update the data for the master gateway. The domain configuration repository database may not be available. Verify that the database is available.
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [informatica][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 172.16.5.3:1521. Reason: Connection refused: connect
2012-12-27 12:25:07,578 ERROR [Master Elect Data Writer] [DOM_10162] Cannot update the data for the master gateway. The domain configuration repository database may not be available. Verify that the database is available.
2012-12-27 12:25:28,593 ERROR [Master Elect Data Writer] [DOM_10162] Cannot update the data for the master gateway. The domain configuration repository database may not be available. Verify that the database is available.
Exceptions.log
2012-12-27 12:25:07,578 ERROR [Master Elect Data Writer] [DOM_10162] Cannot update the data for the master gateway. The domain configuration repository database may not be available. Verify that the database is available.
I couldnt get any clue from the above issue. Kindly help me to solve this issue friends.

Thanks

Regards,
Saro
  • 1. Re: Problem with Informatica Service
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Make sure you able to connect the database where repository is existing using sqlplus from command prompt.
  • 2. Re: Problem with Informatica Service
    Saro Explorer
    Hi Svee,

Thanks for the reply, yes indeed i can connect my db in the machine where my informatica resides using the db client in that machine.

As of time limit, what i did is that i have reverted to my previous snapshot in VM sphere and with that previous snapshot i can see the informatica service is up and running fine.

Im currently using the previous snapshot as of now due to time constraint, couldn't find the error root cause of the informatica service with my latest snapshot.

Will continue with my previous snapshot as of now svee.
    :-)

Regards,
    Saro
  • 3. Re: Problem with Informatica Service
    Saro Explorer
    Svee,

Im not sure with this exact problem, as my previous snapshot saved me(of informatica service is up)

I guess with the DB related problem since my shared pool size is low in DB.

Will close this thread temporarily
    ;)

Regards,
    Saro

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points