2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 11:32 AM by TexasApexDeveloper RSS

1. How to copy a page monthly?  2. How to print a report page?

Godis-Tei
      Hi Forum,

Thanks for the various contributions that are helping my experience with oracle.These are my two current problems:

1. Assuming I have built a page of payroll for 40 workers that repeats monthly. Is there a way of copying the previous page for last month into this month? Or, do I have to build a new page on the same table and update it?

2. Please, what procedure should I follow to print a form or a report from the application page?

Sincerely,

Godis-Tei
        • 1. Re: 1. How to copy a page monthly?  2. How to print a report page?
          fac586
          Godis-Tei wrote:
          Hi Forum,

Thanks for the various contributions that are helping my experience with oracle.These are my two current problems:

1. Assuming I have built a page of payroll for 40 workers that repeats monthly. Is there a way of copying the previous page for last month into this month? Or, do I have to build a new page on the same table and update it?

2. Please, what procedure should I follow to print a form or a report from the application page?
          Please ask only ONE question per thread. These issues do not appear to be related in any way, so so the thread is likely to end up an unmanageable, confusing mess.

Close this thread and open 2 new ones, one for each question.
          • 2. Re: 1. How to copy a page monthly?  2. How to print a report page?
            TexasApexDeveloper
            Question #1: Best practices would have you use the same form and have a data model that supports 1 month or 200 months.. Copying a form after every month sounds rather wasteful.. YOU would present the user with a month to select and then go forward from there..

Question #2: Depends on what version of APEX, what print engine you have installed...

Thank you,

Tony Miller
            Ruckersville, VA