4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 12:49 PM by Gor_Mahia RSS

How to display selected items from Select List into Text Field.

Gor_Mahia
      All,
      I am trying to create a text field and Select List with Employee names now i want every selected Emp name in SELECT LIST be displayed in the Text Tield and ability to select and insert more Emp names into the same Text Field separated by commas like(tony, craigs, Eve, Jos) as displayed in the Text Field.
      Any adea?

thanks.
        • 1. Re: How to display selected items from Select List into Text Field.
          Prabodh
          I am trying to create a text field and Select List with Employee names now i want every selected Emp name in SELECT LIST be displayed in the Text Tield and ability to select and insert more Emp names into the same Text Field separated by commas like(tony, craigs, Eve, Jos) as displayed in the Text Field.
          Any adea?>
          Please acquaint yourself with the FAQ and forum etiquette if you haven't already done so.

Always state
          <ul>
          <li>Apex Version</li>
          <li>DB Version and edition</li>
          <li>Web server used.I.e. EPG, OHS, ApexListner Standalone or with J2EE container</li>
          <li>When asking about forms always state tabular form if it is a tabular form</li>
          <li>When asking about reports always state Classic / IR</li>
          <li>Always post code snippets enclosed in a pair of
           tags as explained in FAQ</li>
          </ul>

Cheers,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
          • 2. Re: How to display selected items from Select List into Text Field.
            Gor_Mahia
            Prabodh,
            below is the framework details iam currently using
            Apex 4.1.1 & Oracle 11gR2 Ent.
            This is a Form Region on single record form template(not tabular)

thank you.
            • 3. Re: How to display selected items from Select List into Text Field.
              Prabodh
              Hi,
              below is the framework details iam currently using
              Apex 4.1.1 & Oracle 11gR2 Ent.
              This is a Form Region on single record form template(not tabular)
              >

Have you explored Shuttle and MultiSelect List items? These are more suitable for the requirement you have. They store colon(:) separated return values of selected options and can be converted into comma separated list of display values more conveniently.
              Using Select List the way you propose will be cumbersome especially when it comes to deleting / deselecting names added. Adding is simpler, but then you still have to de-duplicate.

Cheers,
              • 4. Re: How to display selected items from Select List into Text Field.
                Gor_Mahia
                Hi,
                That was very helpful too but i resolved it using some jquery + on-demand process on select list..thanks.