This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2012 3:29 PM by 748746 RSS

Cannot get Data Controls to display on application navigator

748746 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have installed JDeveloper version 11.1.2.3.0 on a Windows 7 (SP1) workstation. Once installed I decided to try the [Getting Started With the JDeveloper IDE |http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18941_01/tutorials/jdtut_11r2_50/jdtut_11r2_50.html] . After having created "MyFirstApplication" I noticed I did not see the Data Controls accordion as shown in the sample. I decided to ignore it, and continue with the rest of the tutorial, hoping it would shed some light. No such luck, and ran into other problems around step 13 when I could not create a managed bean as shown in the example.

So I went back to the first problem of the missing Data Control accordion, suspecting this may be part of the problem. I searched and found several issues here in the discussion forum that looked like the may be solutions to the problem and tried them all:
1) Removing the system11.1.2.3.39.62.76.1 directory and restarting JDeveloper => Did not help, data controls still missing
2) Uninstalling all versions of Oracle Middleware installed on the PC, removing user JDeveloper directories, rebooting, and reinstalling only version 11.1.2.3.0 (there was also an old 11.1.1.4 version installed) ==> Did not help, data controls still missing
3) Did a fresh download of the software in case jdevstudio11123install.exe was somehow corrupted. Repeated step 2 => Did not help, data controls still missing

I pretty much running out of options now, are there any other mystical step I have missed that may work?
I get the impression I'm not the first to run into this problem, but I cannot find a solution with the search feature of this forum.

All help is appreciated.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points