This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2012 12:48 AM by Hoque RSS

Integration with Apache Solr* and Webcenter

SashankPappu Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts ,

could you please help us in showing a way to integrate Apache Solr search functionality with webcenter. Its little urgent . could anyone post few wayss and what are best practices to do .

Thank you,
Sashank P.
  • 1. Re: Integration with Apache Solr* and Webcenter
    Hoque Journeyer
    Hi Pappu,

As per as Webcenter portal's certification matrix is concern, there is no direct way to integrate Apache Solr with Webcenter portal. It's better to use Oracle SES for your portal if you are intended to use webcenter's search taskflow's functionality.

However,you can integrate Apache Solr with webcenter portal as a J2ee application integration. You can very well create custom taskflow if you feel comfortable enough with Apache Solr. You need make call their client API and fetch the search results. But I would suggest do the data modeling and indexing very carefully to achieve relevant search results.

You can refer Drupal integration with Apache Solr in the following link..

http://drupal.org/project/apachesolr

Hope it helps you.

Regards,
    Hoque
  • 2. Re: Integration with Apache Solr* and Webcenter
    SashankPappu Newbie
    Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your response . My requirement is that i wanted to access UCM data search with Solr* . Is it possible to do in the way you mentioned as i am new to Webcenter.

Thank you,
    Sashank P.
  • 3. Re: Integration with Apache Solr* and Webcenter
    Hoque Journeyer
    Hi,

Yes, It is possible to search UCM documents/contents/text using Apache Solr Seach engine. But you need to be very careful about data modeling and indexing to achieve the optimum results.

You need to consult Solr Consultant for this..

Regards,
    Hoque

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points