This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 8:27 PM by Vinitha G RSS

java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region not found

Vinitha G Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

I am using JDeveloper 11.1.2.0.0 and system timezone holds : GMT+ 5.30 (Chennai, Kolkatta ,Mumbai , New delhi) .when i run the jspx page - only with a command button , it runs fine . But when i drag and drop a table in the jspx page and run the same getting the below error.

java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01882: timezone region not found

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:457)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:405)
     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:889)

To fix the same , tried the below resolution as suggested on forums and did not fix the issue

1. Set the Application -> Application Default properties -> Run/Debug/Profile -> Edit and set the java options as -Duser.timezone="-05:30" .
2. Edited the jdev.conf file and set the property as AddVMOption -Duser.timezone="GMT+05:30".

Steps that worked.

Set the java options as -Duser.timezone="-05:30" for every project that is available in the application.
Note: This fixed the issue. But my application has more than 10 projects and the same has to be repeated . As well for every application and its projects the below step has to be repeated.

I appreciate that there is a resolution. But is there a solution to fix the same at JDEV level. If so please help me on the same with sample.

Regards,
Vinitha G

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points