This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 6:02 AM by rukbat RSS

How to remove JavaScript Application error syntax error popup?

981135 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, my university's IT department recently updated my laptop to Java 7, and also installed IE8. Since that time, I have constant pop-ups from (JavaScript Application) which state "Error: Syntax Error". There is a yellow triangle containing an exclamation point to the left of the message. It requires from two to eight clicks to make each pop-up go away, and it comes back with every new screen. My IT contacts are unable to remove it. I used Firefox as my browser.

I would greatly appreciate knowing a solution or a place to go for help. Thanks! Li

Edited by: 978132 on Dec 20, 2012 4:01 PM
  • 1. Re: How to remove JavaScript Application error syntax error popup?
    982041 Newbie
    Try using firebug error console to find the actual reason of error, might be script is breaking at some point causing error popup.
    If this not work out then try disabling your add-ons , this may also cause errors due to incompability.
  • 2. Re: How to remove JavaScript Application error syntax error popup?
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    978132 wrote:
    Hello, my university's IT department recently updated my laptop to Java 7, and also installed IE8. Since that time, I have constant pop-ups from (JavaScript Application) which state "Error: Syntax Error". There is a yellow triangle containing an exclamation point to the left of the message. It requires from two to eight clicks to make each pop-up go away, and it comes back with every new screen. My IT contacts are unable to remove it. I used Firefox as my browser.

I would greatly appreciate knowing a solution or a place to go for help. Thanks! Li

Edited by: 978132 on Dec 20, 2012 4:01 PM
    If your school's IT department's requirements have caused you issues, then you need to to your school's IT department for solutions.

Your post is unrelated to ANYTHING covered by this forum web site.
    +... thread locked...+

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points