This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 7:31 AM by sb92075 RSS

Disappear Oracle session

user11977510 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi guys, I have so problem, client program which run heavy queries (executes long time 30-45 min) after some time disappeares from sessions in the Oracle database, it seems that Oracle has killed session but no any mesages in alert log and program still running. I run so query in Toad as example, session has disappeared but Toad shows that it query is still running. Database version 11.2.0.1, Linux 64 platform. Maybe somebody faced with so problem.
  • 1. Re: Disappear Oracle session
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    user11977510 wrote:
    Hi guys, I have so problem, client program which run heavy queries (executes long time 30-45 min) after some time disappeares from sessions in the Oracle database, it seems that Oracle has killed session but no any mesages in alert log and program still running. I run so query in Toad as example, session has disappeared but Toad shows that it query is still running. Database version 11.2.0.1, Linux 64 platform. Maybe somebody faced with so problem.
    Provide us with Proof about what you saying ?
  • 2. Re: Disappear Oracle session
    user11977510 Newbie
    It's strange behavior, I didn't faced with so problem before. What proof you want to see?
  • 3. Re: Disappear Oracle session
    Rob_J Journeyer
    It can't just disappear, there has to be a reason for it. Think about where the session is coming from and where it is going to. If you are running this from a client in one location to a server in another location it has to travel across a network and possible through firewalls. Do they have timeouts on them? Maybe the session is being killed if no information is being passed between the server and client.

What error message does the user receive? If their session was killed in the Oracle DB they would receive an error message stating so.
  • 4. Re: Disappear Oracle session
    user11977510 Newbie
    Client doesn't receive any messages, it's running as nothing happened with session, but I think that Oracle process PMON clears deadly sessions, so if session is dead something happened with network it break connection, but why client programm doesn't stop?

Edited by: user11977510 on 28.12.2012 6:27
  • 5. Re: Disappear Oracle session
    sb92075 Guru
    user11977510 wrote:
    Client doesn't receive any messages, it's running as nothing happened with session, but I think that Oracle process PMON clears deadly sessions, so if session is dead something happened with network it break connection, but why client programm doesn't stop?

Edited by: user11977510 on 28.12.2012 6:27
    I suspect that a Firewall or network timeout is happening

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points