This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 6:48 AM by Chandran RSS

Tabs with images

Chandran Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am trying to add an image to a tab using shared components, but images are not displaying when i am running a page.

Please help me on this.

I am using APEX 4.1.1

below is the demo application, which i have created

workspace : Chandu_jnet
username : test
password : test

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Tabs with images
    fac586 Guru
    Chandran wrote:

I am trying to add an image to a tab using shared components, but images are not displaying when i am running a page.
    How? I don't see any attempt to "add an image to a tab". What have you tried?
  • 2. Re: Tabs with images
    Chandran Newbie
    Thanks for your quick response Fac, I followed the below

shared components > tabs > manage tabs > (selected tab) > current image tab = Giving image path as #APP_IMAGES#TESTON.jpg

same to non current tab

but this is not working..

Thanks
    Chandran
  • 3. Re: Tabs with images
    fac586 Guru
    Chandran wrote:
    Thanks for your quick response Fac, I followed the below

shared components > tabs > manage tabs > (selected tab) > current image tab = Giving image path as #APP_IMAGES#TESTON.jpg
    Firstly, image-based tabs will only be displayed when the <tt>#TAB_IMAGE#</tt> substitution string is used in the tab attributes in the page template (see the "Two Level Tabs - Right Sidebar (optional / table-based)" template in your app where I have made this modification).

Secondly, image-based tabs are subject to a long-unfixed bug where the image source always uses the <tt>#IMAGE_PREFIX#</tt> substitution string (see +{thread:id=2132745}+ among others) which has to be worked round if your images are not in the virtual image directory. One way to do this is using a Dynamic Action to strip out the unwanted <tt>/i/</tt> from the URL path:
    h4. When

Event: Page Load

h4. True Action

Action: Execute JavaScript Code
    Code:
    $('.tab-holder img') // Note that selector for tab images is theme-dependent
      .attr('src', function(i, src) {
        return src.slice(3) // Slice index depends on #IMAGE_PREFIX#: this works when it is "/i/"
      });
    However&mdash;even if this bug is ignored&mdash;using image-based tabs in 2013 is a backward step. Personally I avoid using tabs at all: lists are much more flexible, and easier to implement.
  • 4. Re: Tabs with images
    Chandran Newbie
    Your solution is working perfectly, Thanks alot

Could you please help me another solution also to display the icon symbol in navigation bar entry.

Ex: Need to display small icon with log out text.

I tried with navigation bar attributes > icon image attributes = giving image path and this is not working ? is there any bug or something

thanks
    Chandran
  • 5. Re: Tabs with images
    fac586 Guru
    Chandran wrote:
    Your solution is working perfectly, Thanks alot

Could you please help me another solution also to display the icon symbol in navigation bar entry.

Ex: Need to display small icon with log out text.

I tried with navigation bar attributes > icon image attributes = giving image path and this is not working ? is there any bug or something
    Stick to one topic per thread. Mark this thread as answered and start a new one for this question.
  • 6. Re: Tabs with images
    Chandran Newbie
    Sure, Thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points