This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 6:20 AM by 979065 RSS

Custom Dimension member is not found on Validating the rules.

979065 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,

I'm Using Calc Manager to write my consolidation rules in version 11.1.2.2.300. I have "PostElims" and "PreElims" as member of Custom Dimension. This is to post the Elim numbers in the [Elimination] Value dimension and "postElims" custom dimension bucket. When i wrote the rule and try validating it, It says the "PostElims" Member is invalid and doesn't exist in the custom Dimension. But As i'm using the Calc Mgr, I used the Member Selector to fill the Formula. So in the Member selector if i can pick the member "PostElims", How can it be invalid when i Validate?

Can someone guide me in this!

Thanks,
Victor.
  • 1. Re: Custom Dimension member is not found on Validating the rules.
    866353 Newbie
    Hi,

Have you tried using custom dimension name instead of Custom3 or Custom4?
    Example :
    Your custom 4 dimension named as Product.
    Instead of using C4#Chair, try to use Product#Chair
    I believe this is a new change for 11.1.2.2 on how to call your custom dimension inside rule files
  • 2. Re: Custom Dimension member is not found on Validating the rules.
    979065 Newbie
    Really Good to see a reply on a Holiday season. Thanks "Wishingtothemoon".

By going with your example on Products in Custom Dimension.
    Say,
    Dimension Name: Products
    Dimension Alias : Product (As name and Alias can't be same)
    Short Name : Pdt

When i use the member selector in the Calc Manager, The system uses pdt#(custom member) to refer it. I think the Short name introducted by Oracle is using it in the Rules. So when i choose the Custom member in the product say, pdt#smartphones., i can select it in the member selector to write the rules and save it. But when i Validate the rules it says the custom member Smartphone doesn't exist and not found in the dimension Products.

Did anyone encounter this behaviour in Calc Manager? Please share your experience. Thanks Again.
  • 3. Re: Custom Dimension member is not found on Validating the rules.
    979065 Newbie
    Hi Experts,

Is there anyone for help on the above Question. Please Share your Experience.

Thanks Again.
  • 4. Re: Custom Dimension member is not found on Validating the rules.
    893832 Explorer
    You can only write data to a base member of a custom dimension. 'PostElims' and 'PreElims' members are usually parent members.
  • 5. Re: Custom Dimension member is not found on Validating the rules.
    979065 Newbie
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. The Member "PreElims" is not a base member, And it is used as a Source (using OpenDataUnit) for the Elimination. But the Member "PostElims" which is my target is a Base member with member attribute "Is Calculated" selected, So user can't input data in the PostElims Bucket.

When I try to find if other members of the "DataType" dimension is working, it is not. When i use other Custom dimension and validate the rule, the rule is perfectly fine. But when i use the "DataType" Dimension, It ends up with the error.

Did Anyone encounter this problem?

Thanks again!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points