5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 4:13 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

How to reduce the size a database by concurrent EBS?

User451228-OC
      It has a database with the following especificacions:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Prod
      PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
      "CORE     10.2.0.2.0     Production"
      TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
      NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production

request for their great support with some proposals for this procedure and that are supported by ORACLE

thanks

best regards
        • 1. Re: How to reduce the size a database by concurrent EBS?
          Kashif M
          what is the apps version ?
          Please check MOS note:
          Reducing Your Oracle E-Business Suite Data Footprint using Archiving, Purging, and Information Lifecycle Management [ID 752322.1]
          thanks
          • 2. Re: How to reduce the size a database by concurrent EBS?
            User451228-OC
            hi

we have a 11i

thanks
            • 3. Re: How to reduce the size a database by concurrent EBS?
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              968777 wrote:
              hi

we have a 11i

thanks
              If you mean you are looking for a purging strategy, please refer to:

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=752322.1&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
              https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Purging&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
              https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Purging+AND+Strategy&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: How to reduce the size a database by concurrent EBS?
                Hello Hussein,

Hope you are doing great,

Sorry to write my questions in this topic, i was reading all your posts way back on how to install Apps R12.

Now i am have some start up issue in installig R12 applicaitons Please help me:

01). I have Windows 8 OS in my machine, i installed Hyper V and installed Windows XP in Virtual Machine (Hyper-V).
                02). First and Big Issue, i have dowloaded R12 32 bit from e-Delivery into a External Hard Disk (USB). i cannot see the hard disk from Virtual machine.
                03). I am trying to Install the Microsoft Loopback adapter in Windows XP i had issues with the network, went Offline.
                04). Could you please help me how i should overcome with all the issues on Windows 8 with Hyper-V? or do i need to install any other OS in Virtual Machine, or Oracle Virtual Box or something.

Please help

Thanks

Srini.
                • 5. Re: How to reduce the size a database by concurrent EBS?
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  01). I have Windows 8 OS in my machine, i installed Hyper V and installed Windows XP in Virtual Machine (Hyper-V).
                  02). First and Big Issue, i have dowloaded R12 32 bit from e-Delivery into a External Hard Disk (USB). i cannot see the hard disk from Virtual machine.
                  Please see if this link helps -- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee344823%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
                  03). I am trying to Install the Microsoft Loopback adapter in Windows XP i had issues with the network, went Offline.
                  04). Could you please help me how i should overcome with all the issues on Windows 8 with Hyper-V? or do i need to install any other OS in Virtual Machine, or Oracle Virtual Box or something.
                  What is the issue with the loopback adapter?

You can use VMWare.

Thanks,
                  Hussein