This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 8:17 PM by user2017273 RSS

INS-40420 during upgrade 11gR2 RAC

user2017273 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

Currently my database is running on 2 node cluster database. Cluster & database version is 10.2.0.5 . crs and db has been installed as oracle user.

Now i am trying to install 11.2.0.2 as grid user. While running runinstaller i am getting below error.

*[INS-40420] The current installation user is not the same as the installation owner of the existing Oracle Grid Infrastructure software*

Should I install 11gr2 as oracle user?

Thanks,
  • 1. Re: INS-40420 during upgrade 11gR2 RAC
    phaeus Pro
    Hello,
    you are trying to upgrade your CRS. In this case the use of CRS 10G and GRID 11G must be the same.

INS-40420     The current installation user is not the same as the installation owner of the existing Oracle Grid Infrastructure software.
    Cause:     Restart the installation as the user that owns the existing Grid home.
    Action:     The installer detects that the current installation user (string) is not the same as the existing Oracle Grid Infrastructure software user (string). To upgrade the existing software, run the installer as the user owning the Oracle Grid Infrastructure home
    regards
    Peter
  • 2. Re: INS-40420 during upgrade 11gR2 RAC
    LaserSoft Journeyer
    Hi Friend,

Please check the following permissions for all the below :

Grid Infrastructure Home Owner : grid
    Primary Group : oinstall
    Secondary Groups : asmadmin, asmdba, asmoper

RDBMS Home Owner : oracle
    Primary Group : oinstall
    Secondary Groups : dba, oper, asmdba

In case of stand alone set up, if the 11.2 Database be managed by Oracle Restart ( srvctl stop/start ), then 'grid' user should also be a part of 'dba' group.

The ASM Disks would be owned by grid:asmadmin

Please check once again...Before starts

Hope it helps...

Thanks
    LaserSoft
  • 3. Re: INS-40420 during upgrade 11gR2 RAC
    user2017273 Newbie
    Hi,

I am upgrading 10g CRS to 11gR2 Gird. 10g crs has been installed as oracle user.

Thanks,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points