This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 7:37 PM by matthew_morris RSS

partial page submit

Gor_Mahia Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have 2 HTML regions in my page. Region1 has its set of buttons like while region2 but when submit button in region 1 is clicked i want it to only refresh/submit that particular region not the entrire page, also when button in region2 is clicked it should submit only that region2.

Any idea?

thanks.
  • 1. Re: partial page submit
    714270 Pro
    Gor_Mahia wrote:
    Hi,
    I have 2 HTML regions in my page. Region1 has its set of buttons like while region2 but when submit button in region 1 is clicked i want it to only refresh/submit that particular region not the entrire page, also when button in region2 is clicked it should submit only that region2.

Any idea?

thanks.
    What version of Apex are you using? Not sure if you can partially submit a HTML region. I could think of 3 possible options:
    1. AJAX region pull as described here:
    http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=11933:48

and here:
    Partial refreshing of pages in 2.0 ?

So, in your case, you can have the Region 2 in a different page and use the technique described above to pull the region's HTML into your current page.

2. Use the Skillbuilder's modal window plugin - http://apex-plugin.com/oracle-apex-plugins/dynamic-action-plugin/skillbuilders-modal-page_138.html

You can have the Region 2 developed in a different page. You can then invoke it from your current page using a DA.

3. Call a Javascript function from the "submit" button. Let the JS function call a AJAX on-demand application process to do the computation. Later, you can refresh the page items in the JS function, as described here:
    Set item value using AJAX

Hope the above helps.

Thanks,
    Rohit
  • 2. Re: partial page submit
    matthew_morris Expert
    I have 2 HTML regions in my page...
    You haven't supplied nearly enough information to be specific. You haven't explained what is being done by the submit. Certainly you could have a button in one region that submits with a request of 'ACTION_1'and a button in the second region that submits with a request of 'ACTION_2'. The page processing kicked off by ACTION_1 can be different than that kicked off by ACTION_2.

That said, if the two regions are contain page items based on a table and part of the submit process is a 'Process Row' function for the table, separating that would be... interesting. Again, without more details, I can't provide a focused suggestion.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points