This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 9:42 PM by user1983888 RSS

Oracle EBS 12 DR

user1983888 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

One of our customers has implemented Oracle EBS R12 as follows:
Database - Oracle Database 10gR2 RAC (2 Node)
Application - Shared APPL_TOP (2 Nodes)
OID/SSO - integrated with AD & Oracle EBS integrated with OID/SSO
H/W load balancer.

The above was implemented some 3 years ago.

The customer wanted us to implement DR (Data Guard) as follows:
Database - Oracle Database 10gR2 RAC (2 Node)
Application - Shared APPL_TOP (2 Nodes)
OID/SSO - integrated with AD (AD at DR) & Oracle EBS integrated with OID/SSO
S/W load balancer using Web Cache.

We have completed the DR setup. But during the Switchover or Failover we have to Unregister and Register the OID/SSO with EBS at the DR Site. Customer does not want to do this.
They are asking us to re-configure OID/SSO and Web Cache in such a way that during Switchover/Failover activity and after configuring the DB Tier and Apps Tier, they should be able to login to the SSO without unregistering/registering OID/SSO with Oracle EBS.

The only solution for me is to re-configure the OID/SSO at DR with the same Hostname as the Production OID Server and also use the H/W load balancer name to the Web Cache Server at DR. But customer does not want to give Production OID Hostname for OID at OID and Load Balancer name to the Web Cache server.

I am planning to use different Physical Hostname for OID and Web cache server but use Virtual Hostname identical to the Production OID and Web Cache server. Does anyone know if using Virtual Hostnames for OID and Web Cache will achieve the required result.

Regards,
Thiru
  • 1. Re: Oracle EBS 12 DR
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    We have completed the DR setup. But during the Switchover or Failover we have to Unregister and Register the OID/SSO with EBS at the DR Site. Customer does not want to do this.
    They are asking us to re-configure OID/SSO and Web Cache in such a way that during Switchover/Failover activity and after configuring the DB Tier and Apps Tier, they should be able to login to the SSO without unregistering/registering OID/SSO with Oracle EBS.

The only solution for me is to re-configure the OID/SSO at DR with the same Hostname as the Production OID Server and also use the H/W load balancer name to the Web Cache Server at DR. But customer does not want to give Production OID Hostname for OID at OID and Load Balancer name to the Web Cache server.
    Why not using this approach? What is the problem/issue in using the Production OID details?
    I am planning to use different Physical Hostname for OID and Web cache server but use Virtual Hostname identical to the Production OID and Web Cache server. Does anyone know if using Virtual Hostnames for OID and Web Cache will achieve the required result.
    What is the difference (to the customer) in using the virtual hostname identical to production OID and not using the actual hostnames?

I have not seen any implementation of OID using virtual hostnames, so you might need to log a SR and confirm with Oracle support if this is supported or not.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle EBS 12 DR
    user1983888 Explorer
    Thanks Hussein.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points